#3 * Through Hell And Back

Anxiously Nike paces in front of the elevator door. She's waiting for the ding. The angel wasn't alone. The other Olympians were there too.

She wasn't the only anxious one though. So too was Aphrodite. The goddess of love was playing with her nails.

Both waited for their lovers to get back from war. Hermes had just reported they were on their way up.

The two war gods had been on a mission of their own assigned to them by Zeus. It was the greatest mystery what they were doing, which sort of worried the other Olympians since Athena and Ares never work together unless it's serious.

In this moment no one cared though. They were coming back and that was what was important.

The ding sound made Nike stop in her tracks. She twisted as the doors slide open.

There she stood. Dirty and sweaty from being in the field. Ripped clothes, wounds all over her body and a backpack slung carelessly over her shoulder. Yet her eyes burned with passion and strength. She had a smirk plastered on her face as she stepped out.

"Athena..." The victory goddess breathed as she flung herself around her girlfriend's neck.

For a second the wisdom goddess winced as it kind of hurt, but she pushed the stings of pain away and hugged her angel tight.

"Hi angel." She said.

Nike could feel the tears of joy roll over her cheeks. They stood there for a moment, taking in each other's energy.

"It's good to see you both back in one piece. Well... Sort of..." Zeus said.

"What monster ripped you up so bad sister?" Artemis asked.

Athena let go of Nike and turned her face towards her younger sister.

"A whole lot of hydras and empousai." She replied.

"That many huh?" The hunter asked.

Athena just nodded.

After a short report they left for the temple and each of the gods went their own ways.

Athena and Nike disappeared to Athena's wing of the temple. They entered her room.

The wisdom goddess dropped her backpack onto the floor and sighed.

"It's good to be home." She said as she took a look around the room.

She turned around and looked her girlfriend in the eye. Nike walked over and grabbed a hold of her hands. After looking one another in the eye for a minute the angel and the goddess kissed.

It was right then and there Athena realised how much she missed her. She was about to pull Nike closer, but the victory goddess pushed her away.

Athena raised a brow at her.

"Shower first. You smell and after that were taking care of your wounds. You have ichor all over you." Nike says with a smile playing on her lips.

"I'm fine, besides you just hung around my neck and you didn't seem to mind." The grey eyed goddess retorted.

The angel rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, because I haven't seen you in months. I'm over it now though. I saw you again. Now you shower before I come near you again. You smell like the pits of Tartarus."

'Probably because that's where I come from.' Athena thought.

She just shook her head and smiled.

"Fine. I guess I'll get changed then." The goddess smirked.

Right then and there she started taking of her shirt. In the middle of the room. Once it was unbuttoned she took it of and let it drop to the floor. The same happend to her pants, underneath the gaze of the victory goddess.