#36 * Like Old Times

Athena just got comfortable on the couch. Finally she managed to find some time for herself and finish her book. She could just-

"Babeeeee..." Her girlfriends dragging voice said.

'-relax.'

Arms snaked around the wisdom goddess' neck and although the sensation was welcome, she couldn't help but feel slightly irritated.

"Yes?" Athena asked, hiding the initial annoyance.

"I'm bored." The victory goddess stated.

She sounded like a four year old that didn't know what to do with themselves. The daughter of Zeus found she made that comparison a lot lately. Nike was this bundle of energy. If she couldn't lose it, she'd become whiney and needy.

"You're bored?" Athena repeated.

"Yeah, that's what I just said smart*ss." The angel said, placing a kiss in her girlfriends neck.

"So what do you want to do then?" The wisdom goddess asked.

"Darling, if I knew I'd be doing it." Nike reminded her.

'Right.' Athena thought, closing her book.

What could she possibly do with Nike to keep her busy?

"You could join me and read a book?" The wisdom goddess suggested with a smirk.

She knew very well that the angel had way too much energy to sit still and focus solely on a text she wasn't interested in.

"Have you ever met me?" The victory goddess questioned.

"Of course I have. We could..." Athena started.

She gave it some thought. What to do... Then, as if someone flicked on a light, an idea popped in her head.

"We could make a trip." The daughter of Zeus smiled.

"A trip?" Nike asked.

"Where?"

"Home." Athena smiled.

"We are-"

Nike never had the opportunity to finish her sentence. A second later her and Athena stood on the acropolis of Athens.

"You are way too extra." The angel smirked.

She laced her fingers through Athena's.

"Shut up. You love this extra attention." The wisdom goddess said, matching the angel's smirk.

"So now that we're 'home' what are we doing?" Nike asked.

"Something new. Something never before seen."

"You sound like a circus director and I hate it." The victory goddess joked.

"So not presenting a circus. Got it." Athena winked.

"Good thing that's not what we're here for." She added, pulling Nike along.

They hiked up to the acropolis. At first the angel thought it was fun. After a while the grecian heat really started to take a toll on her. She was sweaty and thirsty. A combination not fitted for a goddess.

"Couldn't we just flash there?" Nike whined.

The four year old resemblance popped back in Athena's head.

"I thought you needed something to do." The wisdom goddess reasoned.

"If I knew it was walking up the acropolis I'd have stayed home." The victory goddess muttered.