#38 * Duty Calls

"Baby? Will you let me get ready?"

"No." Nike said, her arms wrapped around Athena's neck and her feet wrapped around her waist.

The angel wasn't planning on letting go. Letting go meant the wisdom goddess would leave for the fates know how long.

"You know I'd stay if I could. But it's not for me to decide." Athena reminded her.

The daughter of Zeus rubbed her hand over Nike's back, right between her wings. The victory goddess buried her face in her girlfriend's shoulder and enjoyed the touch while it lasted. It sent chills up and down her spine.

"How is it not up to you? You're an Olympian. Who is going to tell you what to do?" Nike asked in a muffled voice.

"Mhm let's see who outranks me. Themis, she takes care of ancient laws. My dad, king of the gods. Your mom, who makes me swear oaths I have to keep. Hera, solely because she's queen. The Fates bec-" Athena explained.

"Okay, okay, I get it."

The daughter of Zeus chuckled.

"See, loads of people can tell me what to do."

"Including me." The angel stated.

She lifted her head so she could show the smirk she wore.

"Sometimes yes." The wisdom goddess winked.

"Sometimes?" Nike quircked a brow.

"Okay, most of the time." Athena admitted.

For a moment they remained quiet. Both just enjoying the other's prescense for as long as they could.

"How long will you be gone?" The angel asked, placing her forehead against Athena's.

"I'm not sure, but at least a couple of weeks."

Nike sighed. She figured that would be the answer. It was always the same.

"Will you let me know how things go?" The angel asked.

"If course angel. I'll have Iris send a message as much as I can. I promise."

"You better, if I don't hear from you for however long you'll be gone I promise I'll find a way to kill a goddess." Nike said with a playful smile.

"And I have no doubt you'll succeed, so don't worry, I'll stay in touch." Athena responded, pecking the angels lips.

(Author's note: I'm sorry you guys it's a really short one, but I kinda like where I left it here, so I don't want to mess that up. I'll try the make the next one regular length or maybe even longer. We'll see how it goes. Have a good day kiddos. - Athena)