#47 * Whose Side Are You On?

Based on 'whose side are you on ~ Ruelle'

------------------------------

Nike was torn. Out of nowhere the gods had started fighting. Nothing new on its own really, but this was one of the times where it escalated quickly. Full on war quickly.

It started when Hera pointed out one of Zeus' latest escapades.

"Alright Nike, whose side are you on?" Zeus asked.

Behind him stood Athena, Hermes, Hephaestus, Apollo and Hades.

Nike's eyes locked with Athena's. Almost as of her girlfriend wanted to say 'careful what side you choose'. Her grey eyes gleamed dangerously.

In the background Hera scoffed.

"You don't get to ask that of her. It's hardly fair if she judges. You're her boss and that grey eyed brat of yours is her girlfriend." The queen of heaven snapped.

"I'll have you know that she chooses whatever side she thinks is best suited for victory." Athena snapped back.

"Easy for you to say. You're always the one winning." Artemis remarked.

The goddess of the hunt didn't usually support her step-mother but this time her father really went too far.

"I might hope so as goddess of strategic warfare, that's kind of her job." Hephaestus grumbled.

The arguing continued as more gods started adding their opinion into the mix.

The victory goddess' head was spinning. With all this arguing and yelling she couldn't even calculate the victories.

"Whose side are you on Nike?"

This time Athena asked.

"Yeah, warlines have been drawn." Ares added, stepping up next to Hera.

"Hey babe, do you know where your father is? He asked for an escort, but he's nowhere to be found." Nike asked.

Athena stood with her back facing the angel. She was busy looking into a pond. An enchanted pond, so one may see the world below Olympus.

The pond showed Zeus making out with a mortal woman. Underneath her breath the daughter of Zeus mutterd language that wasn't suited for a goddess.

Couldn't he for once be faithful?

"Uh? Babe?" Nike asked, not sure if her girlfriend had heard her.

The wisdom goddess turned around and faced a confused angel.

"I have no clue where he is." The daughter of Zeus said.

Behind her back she drew her finger through the water, making the image of Zeus and the woman disappear.

"Right..." The victory goddess responded.

Something told her that Athena was keeping something from her. She hated that feeling. Usually it was a correct one. She'd hate it if the goddess in front of her was lying to her.

"Well in that case I should probably get going. Leave you to your... Spying on earth stuff." Nike muttered.

The angel was about to turn around when the daughter of Zeus stopped her.

"You think I'm lying to you." Athena stated.

"What? No, of course not."

"You do."

"Babe-"

"I'm not lying to you angel." The wisdom goddess pressed, wrapping an arm around the victory goddess' waist.

Nike looked into Athena's eyes, trying to figure out if she was in fact telling the truth. But then again, her girlfriend was flawless with words, she could lie like no other and it scared the angel.

The way she could twist words and give each of them a double meaning. One might expect it from Hermes or Dionysus. But both of them had a tell. Hermes talked faster when he lied and Dionysus tapped his foot. But Athena?

Nothing she did would indicate she was lying. Neither did her voice or face change in any way. Nike sighed. Now what?

"Then what were you looking at?" The victory goddess asked, looking into the pond.

The image was gone. That sneaky goddess.

"And why did you make the image disappear? Is there something you're keeping from me?" She added.

"I was looking at someone who got my wrath onto their shoulders." Athena grumbled.

That was no lie. The daughter of Zeus was truly angry with her father. The bastard just had to go around and screw another woman. Athena knew this would lead to an argument later. Better to keep it on a down low for now. Because if she saw, so did Hera.

"As for why I erased the image, it is of no use now. I don't want it to put us up against one another. I don't to fight with you over what it showed." The daughter of Zeus stated.

"So there is something we should be arguing about?" Nike asked, not liking where this was going.

"Probably, but it's best to avoid a fight when we can. We'll have one on our hands soon enough." The daughter of Zeus muttered.

She kissed the angel's head and stepped out of the room.

"There is two sides to every story Ares." Nike responded.

"Does it really matter? You pick the side you like most and give them the victory. Done." Demeter said.

"I believe her job is a little harder than just choosing a side." Apollo defended Nike.

"Yeah, you just want her to support you." Hermes said, barely controlling his anger.

"Which is just the same thing you want." Aphrodite deflected the argument.

Nike put her hands against her head. A splitting headache took a hold of her head as the gods argued.

Usually it was easier to decide. The light usually was the stronger side. But now? Dark was stronger and more powerful, but it went against everything the angel stood for. How could she possibly support a victory that went against her own morals?