#26 * The Floor Is Lava

"Momma! Mommaaaa!" Alexias's voice called out.

"In here." Athena replied from her study.

As usual she had her nose buried in books. Maps with miniature troops littered her desk where books didn't occupy it.

Alexia appeared in the doorway pulling her second mommy along by the hand. If Athena had actually looked up she would've seen both of them with mischievous smiles on their faces.

Nike gave a wink to Alexia. They'd been planning on this since Athena left for her study soon after dinner. The angel gave a nod. The sign they could start their secret operation.

Alexia ducked underneath her mother's desk unnoticed. The victory goddess snuck up behind her girlfriend and wrapped her arms around her shoulders.

"Hi." She whispered in her ear.

"Hi." The wisdom goddess replied absent-minded.

She seemed so far away she didn't even notice Alexia crawling onto her lap. When she properly sat the little girl smiled at Nike, who gave her a nod.

Alexia gently took the book from her Athena's hands and put it on the desk behind them. Her smile radiating with happiness and mischief.

"Well what do you know." Athena muttered.

She kissed the little girl's forehead.

"You could ju-" The goddess started.

"Don't even finish that." Nike cut her off.

"If we 'just asked' you'll stay here. We need to pry you from this desk if we want your attention." The angel chuckled.

"Well then, in that case, go ahead." The daughter of Zeus laughed.

Alexia got up from Athena's lap, pulling her out of her chair and into the living room. Nike trailed a little behind, wanting to take in every moment. She thought it was adorable how excited Alexia was.

When the little girl pulled the wisdom goddess into the living room the latter was surprised to say the least. Both her girlfriend and daughter had set up and entire parcours around the living room. And from the looks of it their entire wing of the temple.

"What on earth did you two do?" Athena asked, looking at the devious smirks on her family's faces.

"Redecorated." Nike replied.

"Oh really?" The grey eyed goddess said, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Will you do it with me?" Alexia asked.

Athena seemed to ponder for a second, but the angel knew very well it was all a façade. In truth the wisdom goddess was just as excited as their daughter was.

The daughter of Zeus might've never been a child, but Alexia seemed to awaken a playful side in the goddess. As if she were trying to show her mother what she missed out on.

"Of course." Athena smiled.

"Tell me the rules."

"Well you start on the couch. Then jump to the coffee table. Onto the next couch. Over the table, take the chairs and use them to get across to the kitchen. There over the next table and use the kitchen chairs to get to the hall then over all the bases of the columns all the way to my room. Hop onto my bed, then over the chair there, back out, into you and mommy's room onto the nightstand and your bed is the finish line. All without touching the ground." Alexia explained.

"Alright, I see..." The wisdom goddess said, revising the track in her head.

"Does mommy play?" She added.