Chapter 9: Dilemmas

I woke up the next morning, my feet still aching along with my headache most likely from the events that occurred last night. I was about to go downstairs when I remembered- I hadn't seen or talked to Harry since his fight with Louis. What was he going to say to me? Ugh, he probably hated me. But why should I apologize, I didn't do anything wrong, right?

            I slipped on my Jack Wills hoodie and headed downstairs to the kitchen to make some coffee. The entire downstairs was completely empty; how odd, I've never been the first person up. I was sitting at the table, checking my twitter. Things have really gotten crazy since the game on Saturday, with directioners and soccer fans. I was reading the last tweet in my feed when I heard footsteps heading towards me. I turned around, and there was my brother: looking as tired as ever. I gave him a slight smile, but he just turned and walked to the couch, turning on the TV. Guess he was pissed at me.                        

"Harry, talk to me." I said, walking over to him. 

"Just go away, okay?" He said, turning up the TV.

"No. We are talking about this whether you like it or not." I said, grabbing the remote and turning the TV off. Of course Harry tried to pry it out of my grip, but lets face it; he was in such a bad condition right now he couldn't steal a little girls candy.                       

"Fine, what do you want from me?" He said in a disrespectful tone. 

"I want the truth. I want you to tell me everything that you've been thinking: why you beat up Louis, why you're ignoring me, just why?" I said, in an angrier tone. 

"I beat up Louis because he was kissing MY SISTER. I'm supposed to be protecting you, Bo. I'm just not sure if Louis could ever be the right guy for you!"

"Harry I'm two years older than you! I'm turning twenty in a few months. I can handle myself! I've had bad relationships in the past and I don't need you around to help!" I said, without thinking. I looked over at my brother, who looked possibly more hurt than he did last night.                      

"Harry, that's not what I meant. I love having you around, but I don't need you trying to act like dad for me. I may seem pretty stupid, but I'm smarter than you think. Just believe me when I say I'll be fine!" I said, pretty much at the breaking point.

"I'm not trying to be dad! I'm trying to be Harry, your brother, remember? And you barely know Louis; you just met him two weeks ago! I've known him for two years! Why should I believe you, if you don't believe me, Bo? I really don't care what you do with him, but if he hurts you, don't blame me." and with that, Harry went back upstairs, slamming his bedroom door.           

(LOUIS' POV)

            "SLAM!" was the sound I woke up to this morning. And trust me, that is not what you want to hear when you have a splitting headache. I hopped out of bed and looked at myself in the mirror, I had a couple scratches and a small bruise, nothing too bad. I just hope the paparazzi didn't find out about this.

            I decided that I better go talk to Harry and just apologize for everything, you know, be the bigger man. I knocked on his door: nothing. Again: nothing. I opened the door to see Harry sitting on his bed, checking his emails. He looked up at me, and then immediately back down at the screen. 

"Harry I'm re-" he cut me off. 

"Shut up. Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! I'm so sick of all the apologies you two are giving me." he shouted. What had happened to my Hazza?