Chapter 12: The First Date

I woke up the next morning feeling a lot better than I did yesterday. I took a quick shower and sat down with the rest of the boys at the table. Everyone was on their phone, so I decided I should take mine out. I was fiddling around with instagram when my phone began to vibrate. I almost threw it across the room, but then I realized I was just getting a text. I calmed myself down and looked at the screen: 1 New Text from Louis

Meet me outside when you're done with your breakfast. -Lou

I looked over to Louis; he smiled and got up, opening the sliding glass door and sitting on one of the outdoor couches by the pool. I quickly finished my cereal and sat next to him outside.

"What's up Lou?" I asked. He just laughed and put his arm around me.

"You know what I realized this morning?" He smiled. So. Stinking. Cute.

"What?"

"That we've been dating for like three whole days and I still haven't taken you out on a proper date."

"Oh yeah, we haven't done that yet, have we?" I smiled, biting my lip.

"Nope. So I was thinking, would you like to go out later this afternoon for some ice cream? I know this really great place downtown, I think you'd like it."

"Sure! That sounds really fun." I giggled, obviously really excited.

"Brilliant. We can go after lunch, okay?"

"Yeah, that works." I smiled, getting up and going back inside, Louis quickly following behind me. The boys looked up at Louis and I, giddy with excitement. I guess they had been wanting me and Lou to go out for quite some time. I sat back down at the table next to Harry. I was checking my twitter when he began to continuously poke my shoulder and say my name. Sometimes brothers can be so annoying.

"What Harry?" I said, a little annoyed.

"Hailey called while you we're outside. She wants you to call her back."

"Oh okay, thanks" I said, getting up and going up to my room so I could call her.

I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up. It was probably something I didn't honestly care about, but I didn't want her to think that I was ignoring her.

"Bo! What are you doing?" She yelled into the speaker.

"Hi Hailey. I'm just hanging out."

"Oh, boring. Why don't you come with me to the hospital?"

"Hospital? Why are you going to the hospital?"

"Well, we are all going. Coach thought it would be a good idea if the whole team spent the day down at the hospital with some really sick kids. Even Claire is coming. So, whataya say,wanna perk up a few kids?" she laughed. I honestly wanted to go, but I couldn't: I had Louis.

"Aw, sorry Hay, but Louis and I are going out this afternoon. I really wish I could go, but I already have plans. Maybe we can do it when I get back to Santa Cruz."

"Okay. Have fun with your lover." she joked.

"Bye Hailey, tell everyone I say hi" and with that, I hung up the phone.

A few hours later, we had just finished lunch and Louis and I were heading out the door for our first date. I was really excited, and I could tell Louis was too. He opened the car door for me and I slid in, him entering on the driver's side. It took about fifteen minutes until we got to the ice cream shop. It was a really cute place, covered in pictures drawn by little kids and lots of bright colors. It wasn't as crowded as I had expected it to be, as we found a small table in the back of the restaurant: good for hiding from fans. We sat down and looked at the menus; everything looked so good. I looked up at a table in front of us that was just getting served their ice cream. I gawked at it.

"Oh my gosh, that is huge." I said, pointing to the ice cream a little boy had at the next table.

"Ooh, don't think you can handle it?" Louis smiled.

"Probably not, unless you want me to throw up all over you."

"Yeah, probably not the greatest ending to our first date. Why don't we split one?"

"Good idea. What do you recommend, Tommo?" I smiled.

"Hmmm, I personally really enjoy the Royal Raspberry Fudge. Wanna try that?"

"Ooooh that sounds yummy. Let's get that." I smiled. Louis ordered and the ice cream was brought to us pretty quick. I'm guessing the workers knew he was famous and didn't want to disappoint.

"Okay, try this, and tell me what you think." he smiled, holding out a spoon with a scoop of the ice cream. I giggled and took a bite.

"This is really good!" I covered my mouth and grabbed another spoon, taking another scoop.

"You're so cute." Louis laughed, taking a scoop of his own.

"Ha ha ha. Don't ruin this date, it's going well." I joked.

"It is, isn't it? But I think it's missing something." He playfully grinned.

"And what would that be?"

"This of course" he smiled, sticking his finger into the ice cream and wiping it on my nose.

"Louis!" I laughed, "I can't believe you just did that! You're going to get it now."

"Ooh, what are you going to do? Attack me with your spoon?" He smiled.

"Hey good idea" I said, taking a big scoop of the ice cream and plopping it down on his head. "Oh, thanks babe, now I have to take another shower." He said, trying to pull out the pieces in his hair.

"You deserved it." I giggled, finishing off the last bite of the ice cream.

"I guess I did. Come on, let's go home." He stood up and put on his coat.

"Mkay, but I still won." I smiled.

"Congratulations, your prize is the ice cream you have stuck on your face.

"What?" I shouted.

"Relax, I got it" he smiled, rubbing away the remains of our little ice cream battle.

We exited the restaurant and surprisingly there were no cameras or fans. I guess no one had found out we were here. We began to walk down the street, hand in hand, toward the car, when Louis stopped in front of me. He smiled and began to chuckle.

"What now?" I whined.

"Nothing, I just missed a spot earlier."

"Again? Where?" I worried, feeling my face for any more food. Gosh I was so gross.

"Right here" he said, pushing his lips against mine. I smiled and let our lips connect. They moved together in sync, and I couldn't imagine a more perfect afternoon with anyone else in the world.