Chapter 35: Let the Flames Begin

A little while later we arrived at a small, but nice restaurant on the waterfront. I had called Claire earlier and she drove down here just in time for our table to be ready so she could join us. I was glad she could come; mainly cause I wasn't sure if Louis was going to talk to me or not and I needed some one to talk to.

"So, how was the carrier guys?" Claire asked as we sat down and began to look through the menus. I sat at the end of the table: Claire on my right and Louis sitting across from me.

"It was really cool, Ashley got to fly." Harry said.

"No way, seriously? How is everyone not dead?"

"I didn't actually fly the plane, stupid. I rode in it, with another guy."

"Another guy!" Claire pretended to be shocked while everyone but Louis and I laughed.

"Yes, another guy. Okay? It was fun, and now it's over." I could tell Louis was still upset and his mood was not helping mine either. I still didn't know why he was mad, but I figured it had to do with me. It always does. I'm always the one that is causing problems.

"So, how've you been, Bo?" Claire looked over at me, obviously wanting to hear about you-know-what.

"Fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, fine." I was not in the mood to talk about that. I still have a week until I'm back in the hospital and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. I'm going to act as if the stupid cancer doesn't even exist.

We ordered a little while later and the small talk continued, this time no one talked about the cancer or anything they figured I wouldn't want to talk about. Instead we talked about the tour, and Claire about school. It was nice hearing what everyone else was up to, mainly because whatever it was is better than when I have been doing. But Louis stayed quiet. He just slumped in his chair and listened, not even looking up to see who was speaking. Something had him really upset. And was I going to ask him why? No, I asked him earlier, and he lied. So asking again will not help the situation.

The food arrived and everyone began to eat. I got a small salad; my appetite not being what it had been a week ago. I slowly ate it, taking small bites and trying to stay as quiet at possible while the boys and Claire laughed about a story Niall had just told involving duct tape and Zayn. I looked up slightly and saw Louis moving his fork around the still full plate of food. Wow, refusing food: he must be mad.

"Bo?" Claire asked me.

"Yeah?"

"Isn't that Matt over there?" she pointed to a small table in the back of the room. There sat Matt, alone. I felt bad for him. I mean, I rejected him, and now he's all alone. But he deserved it, I mean, he made me think that Louis hated me, and then I ended up in the hospital. Nevertheless, I felt bad. But that didn't mean I wanted to see him.

"Oh. It is. Wonder what he's doing here." I said, not really caring. I noticed that Louis head perked up at the sound of Matt's name and now he was turned around, looking for Matt.

"Come on, let's invite him over! MATT! O-" I cut her off by placing a hand over her mouth. She looked at me and stopped yelling. I took the hand off her mouth and began to explain.

"Maybe now isn't the best time, I mean, the boys just got back and.. don't you think we should be spending time with them?" I tried to come up with a reason quickly.

"Well yeah, but Matt is cool! I'm sure he'd love to meet the guys! Plus he's already on his way over." she nodded her head over in the direction that Matt was. He had gotten up from his small table and was now walking across the room to ours. Oh God, no. Please don't.