Chapter 28: I Heart ?

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing the next morning. Still half asleep, I shifted my body towards my bedside table and grabbed my phone. I rubbed my eyes and read the screen: Claire was calling me. I slid the bar on the bottom of the screen and answered the call.

"Claire, what are you doing waking me up at this ungodly hour?" I groaned.

"Dude, it's ten thirty. Get your lazy ass up and out of bed." she laughed and I groaned again, pushing the blankets off my body and sitting up.

"Why? It's Friday, my lazy day." I remembered. Yesterday I had a scrimmage game and tomorrow I have practice followed by an interview and press conference. I swear, playing soccer for a national team requires a lot more than just being able to play.

"You can be lazy later. We're all meeting up at Starbucks. All meaning you too."

"Fine, when and which spot?" I got up out of my bed and walked over to my closet to find something to wear. I began to rummage through shirts as Claire answered my question.

"About half an hour at the one on Mission Street. See ya then Bo." she said.

"Bye Claire, and you'd better pay for my coffee." I heard her laugh as I ended the call, setting the phone down on a shelf while still looking for something to wear. Finally I found a burgundy "Dope" diamond crew that I figured was casual enough, but still nice looking. Plus, it covered up my fresh scars. I admit, I have been cut a few more times since the first about two weeks ago. I just can't help it, I'm confused and I don't know what to do. Even after an entire night of thinking about it, I still have no answer. Do I forgive him?

I slid on my hoodie and a pair of jeans. I walked into my bathroom and brushed my hair, not bothered to do anything with it. After doing my makeup, I grabbed my burgundy toms, purse, and phone before heading out to my car.

I pulled into the Starbucks parking lot about ten minutes later and spotted all my friends inside. I locked the car and skipping inside where I was greeted by five smiling faces.

"Hey Sleepyhead, already ordered your caramel frap." Claire smirked and everyone laughed.

"Thanks buzz kill." I said, causing everyone to laugh again. I loved getting to hang out with my friends. It always put me in a better mood. Soon our drinks were ready and Claire and Matt went up to get them. They came back a few minutes later, three drinks per person. I gasped and than slapped Matt as he pretended to almost drop my drink, but then caught it and handed it to me.

"So, Bo, how's soccer going?" Tori asked.

"It's alright. Everyone's nice and all, but I'm literally getting my ass handed to me. I've never played so awful in my life." I took a sip of my drink.

"Hey, there's always room back on Power if they kick you off." Hailey smiled and Claire slapped her, making everyone laugh.

"What about you Claire, are you ready for school to start?" Kaitlyn smiled over at Claire.

"Ummm... probably not. I'm so worried I'm just going to fail everything and have an awful time." she shrugged and everyone giggled.

"Same old Claire, always worrying about school work." Matt smiled, leaning back in his chair.

"Well you would too if you didn't have a freaking baseball scholarship to any school you wanted!" she yelled and Matt and he simply put his arms in the air.

"True, true. I am awesome." he smiled and Claire gave him an invisible finger.

"Going to school is honestly going to be awful without you, Bo." Claire looked over at me as I took another sip of my drink.