Chapter 41: You're My Life Now

I woke up the next morning alone in bed. I remembered last night and smiled. Everything that Louis did for me: the trip to San Francisco, the dinner, the gift; it was all perfect. He was perfect. Speaking of him, where is he? I panicked for a second, worrying that they had left earlier than expected and I missed him. Luckily, the sounds of pots and pans downstairs reassured me someone was home. I stretched and slowly climbed out of bed. The cold air hit me as I stripped myself of my warm comforter, now only in a tank top and shorts. I quietly went downstairs and looked over to the kitchen. Louis was... cooking? What is going on? I crept up behind him and wrapped my arms around his waist, like he usually does to me, placing a kiss softly on his neck.

"Oh. You! You're not supposed to be up yet!" he yelled and I stared at him in confusion.

"Go back to bed! Pretend you saw nothing!" he shooed me out of my own kitchen and I quickly ran upstairs. Back in my room, I wrapped myself in my comforter and laid down in the bed. I was still pretty tired, so falling asleep would be pretty easy... not. I rested my eyes, but I just couldn't fall asleep. Especially with Louis making all that noise downstairs. Where was everyone else anyway? I grabbed my phone that was perched on the dresser and decided to text Marlee, since she had slept over last night, or at least that's what Louis said. We came back later than she and Niall did. I wonder how their date went.

            Hey! Where are you all? -Bo

            Out for breakfast! Lou made us leave. Be back soon! Xx -Marlee

Hmm... what was this insane boy doing. I sighed and put my phone down, trying to relax again. I have been feeling a little better these past few days, but I have to go back to the hospital for more chemotherapy in a few days. I. Hate. The. Whole. Freaking. World.

The sound of the door opening startled me but I pretended to be sleeping, since that’s what I was supposed to be doing.

"Bo, love. Wake up." his voice sang, sending chills down my spine. I slowly turned my body and opened my eyes.

"Hi." I smiled, rubbing my eyes and sitting up.

"Breakfast?" Louis looked down. I did the same and noticed a wooden tray filled with all kinds of food: Waffles, chocolate covered strawberries, eggs, bacon, and toast with jam; all my favorite foods.

"You did this?" I looked up at him. I had no idea he could cook.

"Well, I had help from your mother with how everything worked. But I did physically make the food." I giggled and grabbed a fork, digging into the meal. I started with the egg, then the waffle, and finally the bacon. By then I was almost completely full.

"This is so good, but I'm so full. Are you trying to make me fat?"

"Bo, you couldn't be fat even if you tried. But you really like it?" he chuckled.

"Yeah, it's great." I nodded, taking a sip of the orange juice, "here, have some."

"No. I made this for you, not me."

"Well thank you, but sharing is caring." I handed him a slice of toast and he finally took it.

"Hmm... I'm pretty good at this. Maybe I should try it more often."

"No! You kept me up all morning with all the pots and pans banging around!" I said and he laughed.

"Sorry. Strawberry?" he handed me one.

"No. I'm full." I pushed it away.

"But they're your favorite! And for all you know, this could be the best strawberry in the world. But if I ate it, you would never find out if it was true!"