TS-19 part 1

"doctor carter! please help!" hearing doctors edwin jenner's cry's for help the young girl sprinted over, only to find jenner with his beloved wife in his arms.

"is she-" jenner cut her off.

"bit. yes." he responded simply.

the younger girl of only about 20 led him to the next room, ready to begin testing. "put her on the table." doctor carter spoke as she put on her gloves.

most of the doctors had left by now or 'opted out' as jenner phrased the mass amount of suicides.

doctor carter had considered leaving with the rest, taking the chance out there with the living dead just for a moment with her family. however she stayed with jenner and his wife.

candace, jenner's beloved wife was doctor carter's boss and good friend. carter had promised the older woman that if she passed they would use her as a test subject and now that was exactly what they were doing.

"i'm so sorry candace-" carter cut jenner off by shutting the door, she didn't want him to see this, she had promised candace that it would be her to complete the testing, not jenner.

***

"doctor jenner, what does that clock mean?" carter questioned the older man, although she didn't expect any sort of answer; candace and edwin jenner had told carter pretty much everything about this place, except for what that clock means and what happens when it hits zero.

"it means peace." was all jenner said.

***

doctor carter worked hard on her research, hope slowly running out as jenner and her came to several dead ends on their work.

burning through this thick silence, she heard a scream.

jenner...

"doctor! is everything okay?" she asked in almost a scream as she approached him, only to find that the last of their fresh samples had exploded.

and that was it, that was the moment that doctor carter lost her last strand of hope.

she was going to die one way or another and she was ready.

——
hi!

this is just an introduction to the story and is to show you the vague backstory of doctor carter.

go give my tiktok some love
@ glennsba5eballcap