part 5

glenn almost moved the subject on, almost made a stupid joke as to pretend like everything was fine. but truthfully nothing was fine.

"no. tell me what's up, el." his eyes were sad as he turned to face the beautiful girl beside him.

"it's just-" marcella cut herself off, not knowing quite what to say. "dale's hat looks stupid on you." she finished with an amused smile.

glenn laughed slightly before returning to the conversation. "seriously el, what's up?"

"why should i tell you?" marcella laughed, trying to remain playful as to avoid the question.

"because marcella, we have to live like we're gonna die tomorrow, because we probably will-" that's all that marcella needed, because she knew that glenn was right- she knew that she has to make the most of the time she has with glenn, because it's probably not long.

marcella kisses glenn, surprising him so the asian boy fell back slightly. although he stabilised himself with one arm, placing the other around marcella's waste as he kissed her back.

this kiss was a rather long one, maybe a little too long as they were so exposed on the top of dale's rv. but they didn't care, because the two young adults were doing just as glenn said- living like it's their last day on earth.

soon marcella pulled away, but only to catch her breath. there was a pause before marcella spoke up.

"fuck you, glenn." she laughed, leaning back slightly as the boy opposite her furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion.

"what?"

"fuck you, for making me fall for you when the fucking apocalypse has taken over everything." marcella smiled widely, yet there was a glint of pain in her grin as she knew how hard it would be to lose glenn.

"i'm confused, you- you like me? or you hate me?" glenn stammered, genuinely confused on what marcella was trying to say.

"didn't you hear me, glenn? i like you, like more than a friend." marcella stated, nervousness now coating her voice.

"like a bestfriend?" he asked, hoping it was more.

"no, you fucking idiot! like- like-" marcella was now cut off by glenn, who kissed her just as she had kissed him.

"i like you too, more than a friend, more than a bestfriend." glenn told marcella when they eventually broke away from the kiss.

and that was it- things were now so much more complicated.