part 6

"hey, you okay?" glenn asks softly as he sits down in front of marcella. the two were sat underneath the large willow tree, a spot which had become the two's unspoken favourite place.

"she's lost hope, like jenner, like jaqui, like i almost did." marcella explained, looking out towards the fields as to avoid eyecontact with glenn. the asian boy that sat next to her took a moment to admire his girlfriend's features, something he adored more than anything.

"but you didn't lose hope." he finally stated, joining marcella in staring ahead of them.

"i did, actually... i only kept going for jenner, but i knew there was no hope for a cure." marcella began, pausing briefly before turning towards glenn and continuing her point. "it was meeting you that gave me hope, glenn. you're my hope. because if there's people like you in this world then it's still a world worth fighting for."

there was a pause, a comfortable and peaceful pause as the two stared at eachother. that is until glenn spoke up.

"i love you, marcella."

"i love you too, glenn."

and that was it, the young pair that had somehow fallen into a hellish world but at the same time a perfect love knew that everything was going to be okay. some how.

***
after a while of sitting with glenn, marcella decided to rejoin the small group that were trying to stop beth from doing something stupid.

as marcella, lori and andrea sat in silence in the kitchen, they listened to maggie and beth's shouts back and forth.

"where's hershel?" andrea questioned the other two, a strike of annoyance present in her voice.

"maggie didn't want him to find out yet." lori muttered back, taking a bite of her snack. marcella chose not to participate in the two's conversation, trying to listen to the practically inaudible shouts of the two greene sisters. "it's a family affair, let them work it out." lori finished.

"that's working it out?" andrea argued, annoyance causing her voice to raise slightly.

"when beth stops fighting, that's when it's time to worry." lori comments, both marcella and andrea take note of her view.

"this could've been handled better." andrea remarks after a moment of silence.

"how so?" lori asks.

"she shouldn't have taken the knife away." andrea states, causing silence to fill the room.

marcella let's out a sigh. "unbelievable." she muttered before leaving the room.