part 6

as everyone stood around, rick rolled out a pack of weapons. "everybody takes a weapon."

marcella decided against it. having found the machete yesterday, she decided that that, her hunting knife and gun would be enough.

"these arnt the kinda weapons we need. what about the guns?" andrea argues sassily.

"we've been over that! daryl rick and I are carrying, we can't have people popping lines every time the tree rustles." shane disregards her, indirectly offending everyone else too. "you gonna hand yours over, little lady?" he asks marcella as he notices her gun in its sleeve as she leans against a car.

"no." she simply states.

"i gave her permission to carry, she's a hell of a good shot shane." rick stands up for marcella, causing shane to move on.

"oh so little mrs scientist gets to carry?" andrea spits, understandably offending marcella.

"as i said, she's a hell of a good shot." rick repeats. marcella offers him a warm smile and he nods in return. she has a lot of respect for the group's leader and appreciates his fair nature, even when it's easy to be the opposite in his position.

"the idea is to take the creak up about five miles. turn around and come down the other side. chances are she'll be by the creek, it's her only landmark." daryl explains to the group.

marcella glances at glenn to see him getting excited at his new weapon, she can't help but crack a small smile at this, yet when he looks towards her she looks away quickly. glenn frowns at this, hating the falling out that the two were currently having.

"stay quiet, stay sharp. keep space between you, but always keep insight of eachother." rick instructs the group.

"hey." glenn had moved to stand next to marcella who was checking her backpack to make sure she hadn't forgotten anything.

she didn't reply. "i see you lost the science jacket." glenn continued, desperate to have his bestfriend back.

"it's a lab coat, not a science jacket." she corrected, then turning to face glenn. "and i didn't lose it, i left it in the rv." she told him, then beginning to walk off.

"wait." glenn spoke up, stopping marcella from going any further.

"what?"

"can we walk together?" glenn asked, expecting a hard no but just wanting any chance to talk to marcella.