part 5

"beth?" marcella began, quickly sweeping the room with her eyes to see if the knife had been left by mistake.

"you give it to me, sweetheart. you don't wanna do this." lori spoke directly to beth who pretended to be asleep as she lay facing away from the two older women.

not turning to face the women, beth reluctantly gave up the knife, handing it to marcella who took it carefully.

***

"andrea! have you seen maggie or hershel?" marcella called up to andrea as she ran towards her, having forced lori to stay inside due to her pregnant state.

"not seen hershel, saw maggie and glenn walk by maybe 20 minutes ago."

marcella nodded briefly as she pushed away a loose strand of hair from her face. "i'll find them." marcella muttered up to the blonde who she wasn't particularly fond of before jogging away.

eventually marcella found maggie at the barn, feeding the animals just as marcella had guessed.

"beth! now!" was all that marcella could say as she attempted to catch her breath. with nothing more than a worried expression back, maggie took off running towards the house, marcella not too far behind as she attempted to steady her breathing; marcella used to be able to run pretty far and keep up a good speed for a while, yet since being on the farm for a couple of months she had lost her stamina.

***
"what if dad finds out?" maggie practicly yells at a washed out, pale beth.

"what's he gonna do? kill me for committing suicide." beth jokes? emptiness being the only emotion present on her dull voice.

maggie then began to walk over to her sister as she sat on her bed, marcella watching sadly from the doorway.

the lightly freckled woman looks behind her as she hears a creak; glenn was the culprit, motioning for marcella to follow him out of the room. she did so, sending maggie a silent smile as she went.