part 5

"lori, i had to get you back here, you wouldn't have come otherwise." marcella overheard shane say as she slowly entered the room.

"what did you do, shane?" marcella questioned, causing everyone to notice her arrival.

"he told me that they were back." lori answered briefly.

"i always knew you were an asshole shane, but i didn't think you were a liar too." marcella spat, clearly angry at the man. she understood that he had to get the two back to the farm, yet hated the fact that he had lied to lori about something so important to her.

"how about you-uh. how about you just hear me out please, lori." shane tried after he fell silent over marcella's words.

"you give me a minute." lori muttered towards carl who was sat next to her.

"thanks buddy." shane muttered as carl, followed by everyone else, left the room.

***
carl, marcella and dale sat together, waiting for lori to be done talking to shane.

"my mom said you saved her life." carl spoke up towards marcella.

"yeah, i guess i did." she muttered back, not really having thought about the fact that she had saved somebody's life and what that means to people.

"oh come on, no need to be modest. we're proud of you." dale smiled, placing his hand on marcella's back in comfort. the brunette woman smiled back at the older man before placing her head on his shoulder. dale was like a grandfather to marcella, although he was probably closer to being the age of her father.

"mom also said that you got stabbed by your knife, but then you pulled it out of you to throw to her." carl smiled, seemingly impressed.

"now that, son, sounds like something you weren't supposed to overhear." dale spoke up, his fatherly natures showing.

the three laughed before carl spoke up again. "i think it's cool."

"yeah, well it may sound bad ass but it hurt like a bitch." marcella told the two, earning a light hit around the head from patricia as she passed by.

"watch your language around the little one." patricia told marcella.

"sorry." marcella muttered back as carl laughed at her. the green eyed girl who used to have a child of her own, narrowed her eyes jokingly at carl. "hey, watch it 'little one'." she mocked patricia's words causing carl and dale to laugh more.