part 7

maggie stroked her younger sister's face as she lay on her bed, unresponsive.

"sweetie, can you hear me?" maggie muttered down to beth.

"she might be in shock, wheres hershel?" lori asked as she popped her head through the door, asking the question that nobody in the room had an answer too.

"er can't find him anywhere." glenn stated with crossed arms, marcella by his side looking just as worried.

"hey kiddo, it'll be okay." maggie muttered down to beth, continuing to say words of comfort to the younger greene as marcella and glenn watched in fear of the girl's health.

***
lori soon brought shane and rick back, having them look through hershel's things in hopes of finding a clue on the older man's whereabouts.

"your step mother's things?" rick questioned.

"he was so sure she'd recover. and he'd just pick up where they left off." maggie explained, causing a frown to appear on marcella's face at the false hope that the man carried.

shane picked up a flask, examining it briefly before speaking up. "it looks like he found an old friend." he stated.

shane tossed the flask to rick, who caught it, as maggie spoke up. "that belonged to my grandfather. gave it to dad when he died." maggie then took it from rick, examining it briefly.

"i thought you said your dad doesn't drink." marcella chimed in, recalling the conversation with maggie where she explained her father's strange vendetta against drinking.

"yeah, he doesn't, or didn't... he gave it up on the day i was born, he didn't even allow liquor in the house." maggie explained to the group.

"what's the bar in town?" rick questioned.

"hatlands. he practically lived there in his drinking days."

"then that's where i'll find him." as rick stated this, he looked to glenn expectantly.

"yeah, i've seen the place, i'll take you." glenn spoke up, causing marcella to look up to him sadly.

"le-" glenn immediately cut marcella off, knowing what she was going to say.

"no. i don't want you out there." glenn told her, placing a hand on her arm. marcella looked in her boyfriend's eyes, the look that possessed them telling her that she shouldn't argue.

marcella stayed quiet, letting glenn win this one.