part 9

"just don-" this time it was marcella who cut glenn off.

"i love you." she stated simply, glenn whipping his head around to look at her in slight shock.

there was a pause between the two, nobody saying anything as they just stated at eachother.

"i love you and i know that because when i was in that car crash and fighting for consciousness, thinking i was going to die, all i thought about was you." marcella finished, looking down at the floor.

glenn placed his hand on marcella's chin, pushing her head up lightly so that she looked at him in the eyes, their faces close now.

"i love you too." he stated simply, although those words meant the world to marcella. after a pause, marcella smiling a small smile, glenn spoke up again. "and it hurts- it hurts me to think of losing you, or you losing me. it hurts to think that one day i won't be able to sit under this tree with you and watch the sun go down together."

marcella placed her lips on glenn's, the boy taking a second to process it, before kissing her back. they kissed for what felt like forever, under the willow tree. the kiss turned into more, as the two took it inside their tent and removed items of clothing. it was a good thing that glenn had picked up those condoms with maggie, them being an excuse as to not tell her about lori's pregnancy. because now, for the first time, the condoms would be useful.

the conversation that the two shared, meant the world to both young adults, it explained the twisted, confusing feelings that bubbled within them. it made everything a little better.

even if the group was kicked off of the farm and left to fend for themselves, glenn and marcella knew that they would be okay because they had eachother and that alone was enough.