part 3

a friend of the greene family that lived on the farm was taking care of t-dog's arm.

"you got here right in time. this couldn't go untreated much longer. merle dixon, is that your friend with the antibiotics?" patricia spoke casually as she sewed up t's arm, maggie assisting her as glenn and marcella leaned in the doorway together.

"no ma'am. merles no longer with us. daryl gave us those, his brother." glenn informed, trying to come across politely.

"i'm not sure id call him a friend." t-dog spoke up in pain.

"he is today. this doxycycline might have saved your life." patricia commented. "you know what merle was taking it for?"

"clap." glenn stated, earning a look from maggie. "i mean, venereal disease. that's what daryl said." marcella tried to stop herself from letting out a laugh at glenn's awkwardness, yet failed slightly, her small sniffle making the situation more awkward.

"i'd say merle dixon's clap was the best this that ever happened to you." patricia told t-dog.

"look, i'm really trying not to think about that." after this comment from t-dog, glenn tugged marcella's hand to follow him.

***

"what's up?" she questioned as they reached the porch.

glenn stood there for a second, holding both of marcella's hands as he tried to stifle up words.

"i thi-" maggie then walked out to the porch, interrupting glenn with her presence.

"hi." she said as the two looked at her. without saying anything else, glenn stormed back into the house.

"sorry, did i interrupt something?" maggie sat down along with marcella.

"i have no idea."

"my daddy says you were a scientist." maggie tried to make conversation, as the two stare out into the dark fields.

"i was training, but yeah. i worked at the cdc. that's where glenn and the group found me." marcella briefly explained.

"so what happened to the cdc?" maggie asked with hesitation in her voice.

"it blew up." marcella simply stated.

"so there really is nothing..." maggie's voice was sad.

"not nothing... we still have eachother. you still have your dad and patricia and-" maggie cut marcella off.

"and you still have glenn." maggie smirked as she pushed marcella slightly.

"yeah. i guess i do." marcella grinned back at who she believed was going to be a good friend.