part 5

as marcella and glenn search the front of the store, picking up conditioners, shower gels, vitamins and things like that, maggie takes a look at the back of the shop.

she carefully scans a shelf, picking out what she was searching for. but as the young woman began to grow too trusting of the shelf, she leaned over it, grasping for the pill bottles that lay at the back of it.

suddenly, a grotesque hand grasped onto maggie's wrist. the growling and the sound of maggie's panicked screams caught the attention of marcella and glenn.

glenn ran over, trying to detach the walker's hand from maggie's wrist. marcella seeing that glenn's tactic wasn't working, pulled out her machete, however couldn't find an angle that would avoid hurting maggie.

"a little help, marcella." glenn asked in his panic.

the young woman then ran over to a shelf, pulling off one of the loose panels before climbing onto a shelf next to maggie, giving her the height advantage to hit the walker on the head.

using all of her force, marcella slammed the wooden panel on the top of the dead man's head, flattening it slightly.

although this didn't kill the walker, the dead man released maggie, being distracted by marcella who then fell backwards out of panic.

"marcella!" maggie cried as the walker grabbed marcella's foot. however before it could take a bite of marcella's flesh, glenn drove his pocket knife into the brain of the walker, killing it for good.

after a moment of silence, everyone regaining their ability to breath, glenn offered marcella a hand. she took it gratefully, but as she was pulled up, marcella tripped over the body.

she fell into glenn, who caught her. the two were very close now, just staring at eachother. glenn began to lean in, however before he could, a still panicked maggie coughed awkwardly, reminding the two that she was there.

maggie was supportive of the two's 'more than friendship' and wanted them to become more, but she just didn't want them to kiss infront of her.

"thankyou both." maggie stated, sadness in her eyes.

"do you want a hug?" marcella offered, wanting to support her good friend.

a visibly shakey maggie nodded, then being enveloped into a warm hug by her closest friend.