part 7

she turned to him, ready to say no until she saw his face. she could never say no to that boy. "fine."

***
"you okay?" glenn asked marcella as they walked, but he could already tell that she wasn't.

"yeah."

"look i'm sorry for stopping you from going to find sophia, i just knew that you weren't in the right state of mind to go out there." glenn apologised, although missing out a lot of why he had done what he'd done.

"it's fine i get it. i just want her to be safe, even if i get injured or kil-" glenn cut marcella off.

"stop." he physically stopped the two and everyone walked on without them. he grabbed marcella's hands. "don't you ever talk like that." sadness and fear fuelled his words, his voice croaking slightly.

"okay romeo." marcella's voice was soft and quiet and she smirked slightly, looking down at their hands as she referred back to their joke from yesterday.

"shut up." glenn let go of one of her hands, pushing her slightly before daryl whistled. the two jogged over to meet the rest of the group who were watching a tent, carefully.

"she could be in there."

"there could be a whole bunch of things in there." daryl warned as he began to slowly approach the tent, along with rick and shane.

rick motioned everybody else to stay before quickly motioning for marcella to keep watch as she was the only other one with a gun. she did so, holding her machete in hand ready, yet having her gun in its sleeve on her waist incase she needed it.

rick soon called carol over and she attempted to call for sophia. "sophia, sweetie? are you in there? sophia, it's mommy. sophia, we're all here baby, it's mommy." no response.

the pain in carol's voice as she called out for her little girl caused a tear to fall from marcella's eye.

daryl entered the tent, only to find a dead man who had taken his own life.

"daryl, daryl?" carol called out.

"it ain't her." daryl confirmed.

no sophia.