part 3

the two stayed like this for a while. glenn's tight shoulder soon loosening up, becoming more comfortable with the girl's touch. glenn still didn't know how to react to the touch of marcella.

the bliss silence was soon disturbed by daryl, walking up to them.

"marcella, i'm heading out to search for sophia, figured you'd wanna come?" he asked the girl, feeling strange about ruining the moment between the two young adults, however secretly wanting marcella's back up.

he would never admit it, but daryl felt safer out there with one of the group with him, including marcella.

"yeah, give me five minutes." daryl nodded, walking away from the pair.

as marcella got up, about to walk to her tent to get ready, glenn stopped her.

"marcella, you can't go out again." he told her, his voice full of worry.

marcella sighed, frustrated with glenn. "glenn we talked about this, you can't tell me what i can and can't do." she told him, then beginning to walk off.

glenn was about to leave the situation, about to let himself worry for hours about marcella's safety, but then he realised something.

i care more about marcella than i do anyone else, glenn realised.

"no." glenn stated once he had caught up to marcella at their tent. "i'm not gonna let you go and get yourself hurt again, not after yesterday." he continued.

marcella finally turned to face glenn. "who do you even care what happens to me, glenn?! i'm nobody's problem and i'm certainly not yours." she was practically shouting now, not knowing how to deal with glenn's or her own emotions.

"yes, you are my problem. because i care about you, more than i care about anyone else and i'm not gonna let you go and get yourself killed." glenn's voice rose to meet marcella's.

these words surprised marcella, she figured that glenn didn't care that much about her, that he was just lonely and so was she. but if she was wrong, if he really did care then marcella was not willing to hurt him like that.

after a long pause, marcella spoke up again.

"fine. but you can tell daryl why i'm not going." and with that marcella was gone.