part 8

"i wanted to talk about what happened. i wanted to apologise. i'm-im sorry." glenn told marcella, not knowing how to go about the situation.

"that's it? your sorry." marcella began, not enjoying how every argument ends with a simple apology and no explanation.

"wha-"

"you can't just say sorry, glenn. i don't get it. i don't get why your so- your just always there, glenn. telling me what i can and can't do like you actually have the right." marcella's words were like bullets to glenn- they could kill him.

"i-i just care about yo-" once again the pale brunette cut off the tall asian boy.

"then don't. just stop caring about me. because if i wanna die for-" it was now glenn cutting marcella off as he couldn't hear her talk about dying.

"no!" glenn began, finally shouting; this caught marcella off guard as no matter how much she shouted, glenn always inhabited a calm tone. "no because- because i care about you more than anyone- anyone including sophia and including myself and i'm not going to watch you get yourself killed or hurt because i just can't."

marcella didn't speak, glenn's words setting in, causing realisation to hit her. he cares about me as much as i care about him, she thought.

after a long pause, glenn spoke up again, getting very close to marcella as he spoke"the truth is el, i will die for you and that i know for sure, because the only reason that i keep fighting is because i have you here next to me." glenn placed a hand on marcella's cheek.

"not if i die for you first." she practically whispered, a wide smile on her face, yet saddened eyes.

and that was it, suddenly glenn's lips were on marcella's and she was pushed up against the barn.

the moment that the two shared was a moment of freedom, a brake from the death that hung over their shoulders every second, a peaceful moment of floating. that's what it felt like for the two of them; floating.

and even though the kiss was rough and harsh, it was full of passion, full of the emotions that the two didn't quite understand yet.

yet that wondrous moment was cut short by the growns and growls that radiated from behind marcella.

"stop! wait!" maggie.