18 miles out part 1

"i gotta go see rick before he leaves." glenn states as he puts his t-shirt back on, seemingly not wanting to go back to the reality of the world outside of their tent.

"yeah, i should probably go and see if hershel needs any help with beth." marcella agrees, sharing the same slightly solemn tone as glenn, as she lays on the makeshift bed.

glenn then leaned down to marcella, squatting down infront of her and admiring her face.

"what?" she laughed.

"you're so beautiful." glenn smiled, causing marcella to raise an eyebrow with a smirk.

"and you are so cringe." she joked, glenn acting offended for a moment before they both laughed to themselves.

"alright, i'll see you later." glenn placed a kiss on marcella's cheek before leaving the tent to talk to rick.

***
picking raspberries from the bush and placing them in her basket, marcella sat, beginning to grow tired.

"hey." maggie began, coming up behind the girl. a basket in her hand, signifying that she was going to help marcella pick fruit.

"hey, maggie. how's beth doing?" marcella replied, offering her friend a small smile.

maggie began to pick peaches from the tree next to the bush that marcella was still squatted down too. "better now that my dad's home, but not too good." she responded.

"i'm sorry, i'm sure she'll be better soon." marcella reassured her.

a comfortable silence fell between the two as they picked fruit, marcella having almost filled her basket as maggie spoke up again. "marc, what's that on your neck?" maggie smirked.

marcella's eyes grew wide at the realisation that she had been caught; love bites decorated her neck from the night before. "i- erm... fell over." marcella tried to lie, although maggie just looked towards her, amused by her attempts. marcella looked towards the bush that she was picking berries from, noticing the thorns that inhabited it. "into the bush." she finished.

"so what your saying is, you and glenn had sex?" maggie guessed, being able to read marcella like an open book.

"yes."