part 10

soon glenn and marcella noticed that everyone had reformed group outside the church, except for shane and rick who were talking privately. the young pair left the shade of the tree and rejoined their group.

"yall gotta follow the creak back, okay? daryl, your in charge. me and rick and gunna hang back, search this area another hour or so. just be thorough." shane instructs as him and rick walk back over.

"splitting us up. you sure?" daryl questions, seeming unsure.

"yeah, we'll catch up to you."

"i'll come with you, make the groups more even. you need back up, right?" marcella speaks up, desperate to be looking for sophia.

"no-" glenn quietly states but marcella just gives him a dirty look before rick speaks.

"no, we need you to look out for daryl and the others." rick denies marcella and she lets out a sigh of annoyance. she felt useless and weak, she wanted to be out there finding that little girl.

"i want to stay! i'm her friend." carl then states.

"just be careful, okay?" lori tells him after a moment of no one speaking up.

"i will."

"when did you start growing up?" lori hugs her son lovingly.

"so the kid gets to go but i don't?" marcella mutters to herself in annoyance.

"as rick says, he needs you to keep our group safe." glenn tells her quietly, having overheard marcella's muttering.

"then why didn't you want me to go with them?" she questions back, referring to glenn stating 'no' when she asked if she could go with rick and shane.

"because... it doesn't matter." glenn then walked off.

"come on." lori put a hand on marcella's shoulder as to distract her from her trance on the korean man as he walked away.

marcella did as told by rick, watching the woods carefully as the group walked, her gun in hand with her machete easily accessible in case.