part 4

"hey glenn." marcella muttered tiredly as she met the asian boy on the roof of the rv.

"hey el. you tired?" glenn questioned as he noticed the droopy eyes that were usually brighter, inhabiting the slim girl.

"tired as fuck." marcella laughed slightly, sitting down next to glenn. she then placed her head on glenn's shoulder, he no longer tensed up at her touch and she liked that. "i see your taking watch."

"yeah, dale asked if i could get him some water but when i came back he was gone." glenn explained as the two of them stared ahead- the view from the rv was a rather beautiful one.

"oh. that's weird." marcella paused for a moment before speaking up again. "hey, can we ta-" shane cut her off by storming loudly into the rv.

"what the fuck?" marcella muttered in annoyance, having seen too much of shane for one day.

after searching through the rv, the somewhat frantic man came back outside.

"you see where he went?" shane questioned up to the two.

"who?" glenn asked in confusion.

"don't even try to shit me, okay?" shane angrily blew glenn off, sure that the younger man knew of dale's whereabouts.

"what the fuck, shane?" marcella rolled her eyes as she spoke, tired of shane's never ending bad attitude.

"dale, you see where dale went?" shane asks the two, growing more fustrated and angry as the conversation went on.

"yeah, he asked me to run and get him some water, said he'd cover me on watch." glenn explains, standing up from his deck chair.

"and he was gone when you got back, huh?" shane predicts.

"yeah?" glenn confirms in more of a question.

"do you think he's okay?" marcella questions.

"oh, he's fine." shane confirms, as if he knew exactly where dale had gone.

"well, why'd he bail then?" glenn questions shane.

"so you wouldn't tell me which way he went." shane tells him, having already figured out dale's plan.

"i don't get it." glenn states simply.

"nah man, you don't." and with that shane was gone, storming off somewhere. leaving marcella and glenn alone once again.

after a moment of the two young adults watching shane angrily walk away, confused on his motive, glenn turned to marcella.

"what did you wanna talk about?" he asked her as he tilted his head.

"nothing, it doesn't matter."