White Lie

-What is up with you lately??- Erica's voice and face reflected happiness and surprise.

-What do you mean?- you asked tying your hair up.

-You've been practically skipping into work these last couple of days!- she laughed, leaning over the counter and waiting for an answer.

Heat creeped up your cheeks and you couldn't help a stupid giggle at her words and the knowledge of why you had been acting like you were up in a cloud, the cloud had the shape of a six foot tall broad man with amber eyes and a charming smile that ate you out in the morning and then made you breakfast.

-Well...I don't know, life has been nice to me lately- you shrugged, giving her a proud grin.

The only stone in your shoe at the moment could be your mom's stubborn ways, it's not like you hadn't tried to talk to her, but she had been keeping it short and out of the subject. You weren't going to pull on the rope alone, Philip made you happy, so happy in fact you couldn't remember the last time you were this happy, and if she couldn't see that well...too bad.

-How's place hunting going?- she asked, following you to the kitchen where you tied your apron, waiting for Louie to come in.

How am i always in a kitchen?

-I'm gonna go see one today actually, hopefully this will be the one, i really need to move out...- you sighed, rubbing a hand over your eye.

Erica nodded knowingly like she knew exactly what you meant, and she probably did.

-Living with your parents once you're older is so exhausting...- she shrugged, shaking her head and furrowing her brows like she didn't understand.

-Well it's not easy for us either i can promise you that- you both turned at Louie coming through the back door, newspaper in hand as usual.

Chatting time was over after that and the day begun, but you had your mind elsewhere, in a new apartment to be precise, you were crossing your fingers hoping it was everything they promised, the last one you saw had very nice pictures on the website, but when you got there you realized that the pictures might've been at least ten or fifteen years old, everything was outdated and a whole lotta stuff needed to be replaced, it just wasn't it.

Hours went by as your nostrils were invaded with the sweet smell of the oven baking, and Louie and you talked about your catering job tomorrow, he told you what he had planned and how you would organize everything, now that you were more involved you hoped you wouldn't have another fiasco like the one on your first time helping him with catering. You were washing your hands for the last time today before you left, making sure there wasn't any flour stuck under your nails or over you, you wouldn't want the landlord to see you all powdered up, you were excited about this.

Though when you slipped your arms into your coat and walked outside, you lifted your gaze only to meet your mom's looking back at you with a smile. Thank god you told Philip you'd meet back at his place before heading to the apartment.

-There she is!- your mom chuckled at her own small joke, you furrowed your brows.

-Hey mom...what are you doing here?- you tried not to sound like you were uncomfortable.

And you weren't, or maybe you would, it was off, it was complicated.

-Well I remembered you told me you were going to see that apartment today and I thought i could join you! You know, so you wouldn't go alone -she nodded gesturing towards you in a 'you know what I mean' manner.

A small twist of nerves ran through your spine, Philip was supposed to come with you, you didn't want them both in a weird situation like last time again where your mom kept to herself the whole time, but you couldn't tell her that you'd rather go with him, it wouldn't help your situation with her opinion towards him, you were already spending practically every day with him, she wouldn't like it.