Sleepy Head

Philip's POV:

The alarm lured him awake, he turned and reached his phone to tap on the screen with the arm that wasn't under her as to not wake her up yet, she still had half an hour to sleep before seven, he had only scheduled an alarm earlier to make her coffee, an excuse for her to stay a little longer.

She was still deep in sleep after Philip slid his other arm from under her, he watched her snuggle against the pillow and relax when he took the blankets to tuck them around her, he remembered from the first time how she had been cold, and with one look out he window Philip knew today would be cold as well. Yesterday he took himself by surprise in more than one way, first at the bar, when his heart dropped as she got up and left because she felt uncomfortable, then later when they kissed on the sidewalk, he relished in the feeling of her body under his touch, he loved it, he loved to hold her in between his arms and loved the way he could feel her melt under his lips. And since he was on the subject of holding, he reminded himself of what she had told him last night.

Never took you for a cuddling guy Altman...

The problem with that statement was...he wasn't a cuddling guy. Correction, he was a cuddling guy, yes, but not with anyone, not that needy at least, he had been cuddling and nuzzling his nose in her hair every chance he had when they laid in bed together, he didn't even snuggle Tracy that much, and he had loved Tracy, or maybe he hadn't, he was still a bit confused about it. It had been 5 minutes before he realized he was still staring at her, her chest rising and falling in deep, very faint breaths, but he could keep on looking far more.

No, he didn't love Tracy.

If he did maybe he wouldn't be so smothered in lust for her, it was hard to keep focus on anything else but the shockwaves she sent through him when he was with her, or even when he wasn't, with her voice, with the memory of her, the images of her eyes rolling and her head shaking at him would replay a few times during his day and make him grin to himself with electricity bubbling on his gut.

He licked his lips, he wanted to kiss her again already, and to stop himself he forced his body to get up and take him to the bathroom, leaving her to sleep peacefully. He threw in some sweatpants and grabbed a shirt to throw on later after he took a very much needed shower, he always hated the bathroom on his room didn't have a shower or tub, that way he could just go in and out naked without having to worry about anyone but him seeing the raging morning erection.

I should've just rented an apartment...

That wasn't really a viable option considering the money he had left since he decided to stay here, he'd be dead before admitting this to his family, but before his dad died, his bank account had been laying at an embarrassing low of 700 bucks. That was it. And then Tracy and him broke up, and of course it was worse, he hated the little help she gave him anyways, the constant voice in his head in the tone of his sister Wendy pushing him to try and do better, and scolding him for making up the excuses he did.

But after what happened with Tracy, and after his dad was gone and a small but still there part of the business came to him, he took a deep breath and decided he was done. He was a failure and a disappointment, and possibly also a gold digging slut, but not anymore, he was planting his feet here until Wendy finally shut up inside his head. And when she appeared, with her own troubles so similar to his, he felt empathetic of her, just two family youngest that felt like complete losers, maybe that's why he liked her a little more than his previous "conquests", because he felt a little less alone in his adulting failure with her.

He glanced back at her one more time, the blanket snugged her tight in the bed and her hair messy as she slept, he smirked and closed the door behind him slowly, he had about 20 minutes more before having to wake her up, and he scurried quickly to the bathroom before his mom, if she was even awake, could notice him. Stepping inside, he closed the door and reached inside the shower to turn on the cold water, he'd need it if he was to get rid of the morning wood.