Thanksgiving

"But wasn't thanksgiving like two weeks ago?" Yes. Yes it was. That means nothing to me im latina.
——

I know I've put you guys through some heavy emotions, so here, have some fluff as my treat

...

SIKE!

—————
Not a single word had been spoken again between you and Philip since you stood at his door a little more than two weeks ago. You tried your best to act like you didn't care, because life went on and you wouldn't stop it just for a dumb affair gone wrong, you had bigger things to worry about.

Actually, you didn't. It was the first time this new, considerably more calm life was pissing you off, you didn't have reasons to complain or any cause for stress, and it was great, yeah, but that only meant more space for Philip in there, and more space to go over and over, kneading everything that happened, thinking of all the stuff you could've told him that last time instead of leaving with fading words and teary eyes.

You hated that you must've looked so naive and stupid, you hated that for some reason you were surprised at how little it had bothered him. Erica had been getting a good portion of this whole rambling in your head, she was so nice for listening to the same thing over and over, you tried your best to contain yourself the last week or so, after all the world didn't revolve around you.

All sense of progress from you trying not to care about the situation was lost when you were invited for Thanksgiving over at the Altman's house.

To be fair they always invited your mom and Horry, it just so happened that this year you were here as well, but to you it was clearly a dick move from whoever was on shift up there for you to see him. The knot that formed on your stomach when your mom came to tell you proved how fake your disinterest in him was.

Coming closer to the time you were supposed to be there, you stood in the mirror with your outfit on, trying your best not to think how much better Chelsea would look in this same clothes, trying not to think about whether he'd invite her over as well or simply give you the nice gesture of having to deal only with being close to him. Even before picking your outfit, you found yourself wondering if you should go for something to make him want to hate himself for his actions, because although you were sad and so nervous you were actually kind of sweating despite the cold weather, you were not about to let it show. As far as he had to know, you cared just as little as he did.

The stab of pain in your chest still hadn't disappeared every time you thought about that, he didn't care, and it was still circling your mind, how he had gotten bored of you, and a bit quickly if you might add, which only made you sigh heavier in defeat, who cared if you looked good or not, you wouldn't be as hot as slim waist Chelsea.

A buzz coming from your phone called your attention, you walked over to the nightstand where it was charging, it was a text from Erica, as you unlocked your phone you caught Philip's contact name at the bottom of your chat list, with the last message sent, dated back to that Monday morning before he got mad at you, you were still scoffing at the irony.

Erica😚:
                  Happy turkey day!!

Erica😚:
                  Can i get your opinion??

Following the texts were two mirror selfies of her wearing two different outfits, you swiped back and forth through both of them, and texted her to throw a jacket on the second one since it would get colder throughout the day, she thanked you and asked who you were spending the holiday with.

You:
Take a wild guess...

Erica😚:
No way.

You:
Yup.

You:
They invited us over, so i have no choice...

Erica😚:
Make him regret being an asshole 😈