Epilogue

I wanted this to be special. And then i forgot to post it. This was supposed to go up like a week ago, I remembered today and I've been feeling like absolute shit all day. I'm really sorry, but if you're here, thank you.

The author's note is posted right after this, so if you'd like to you can read that too! 💘

---------------------------

~Two years and three months later~

You stepped out of the bakery and shook slightly with a sudden goosebump at the harsh contact with the cold, after being around a working oven all day, coming into work was like stepping into a warm gingerbread house, and coming out of work was like a cold slap in the face. But you didn’t mind the cold, you loved dressing up warmly and waking up when it still felt like nighttime.

Erica walked beside you as you both waved goodbye to Loui, whose turn it was to close the place tonight, there was still a thin coat of snow over the town from this morning, and you gave your scarf another loop around your neck when you felt the cold slitherin around you, buttoning up the burgundy wool coat Phillip had gotten you for christmas.

-This weather makes me wanna stay inside with a blanket instead of going out for Valentine’s Day- Erica thought out loud, hugging her jacket around her.

You chuckled under your scarf, looking around at the Christmas lights hanging from every post and shop.

-It is kind of a romantic night though isn’t it?- you said with a smile, and Erica shrugged with a hum.

-What are you and Phillip doing?- she turned to you.

-I don’t know, we didn’t really agree on anything, he’s been really sneaky with his gift, I just hope he didn’t spend as much money as he did on this coat- you sighed.

-How do you know how much he spent?- she raised a brow.

The coat was beautiful, you loved it, it was warm and comfortable and the color was pretty, but you didn’t need to ask to know it couldn’t have been cheap. Phillip was a natural spender, especially since he got done paying off everything from the Porsche accident.

-It’s a Michael Kors. That tells me everything- you laughed.

You weren’t complaining, not at all, being fair to Phillip, you did also get him an expensive Christmas gift, but definitely not Michael Kors. You were just usually far more careful with money than Phillip was, he was like a little kid with an allowance.

-You want me to drop you off at your place?- Erica got her car keys out of her pocket as you both came to stand at the corner of the street.

-Oh no don’t worry, I have to pick up Phillip’s valentine’s day gift first-

She said goodbye after that, walking off in the other direction as you took off to the post office to pick up the small package containing your Valentine’s Day gift for Phillip. There was something you did actually agree on, fun or silly, and mostly sexual, gifts for Valentine’s Day, a dumb tradition that started last year and that you decided to keep, this year you had gone for something not too silly, but the concept of it was funny to you, and you knew Phillip would very much enjoy them. Sex coupons.

You ordered them from a small Etsy shop and personalized them. Thankfully they came in discreet packaging, but still nice enough to present it as a gift.

You chuckled to yourself as you walked with the wrapped gift in hand, thinking about how giddy Phillip would feel when he saw them.

The snow crunched softly under your boots, and you enjoyed the quiet walk home, never wanting winter to end, and excited to get home and see your man. It was something you still looked forward to every day even though you always saw each other, at times like this you would relive the past, everything that had happened so long ago, you used to think that was bad for you, but you recognized that now when you did it, it only made you feel gratified that you’d come all this way, happy with the choice you made to let Phillip back in your life.