All The Things I Did

A/N
Im sorry that this chapter came a little later than i promised, i just really wanted to make sure it was good instead of rushing through it, hopefully i will succeed at breaking your heart even further 😀😀😀

-----------------------

Your POV:

The sun hit your face through the windows, your back was cold and your eyes burned, you moved deeper into the covers to warm yourself up, and turned your back to the window, the light wasn't helping the uncomfortable feeling behind your eyelids. When you tried opening them you found it even more uncomfortable, your lids were shut tight and your eyes dry, itchy, the sting from opening them after hours of crying last night moved up to your forehead, transforming into the beginning of a headache.

You groaned at the feeling of the pillowcase against your face, the fabric felt scratchy and rough, especially around the sensitive skin of your eyes, where the salty tears had spilled and smeared, you tossed and turned, stretched your legs and moved yourself to face up, throwing the sheets over your face, still trying to shield your eyes from the sun.

It had been a bad night, it had been a bad day, and you knew today would be no better. Frustrated and already growing sad again, you grabbed the heavy covers and tucked yourself tight on them, turning with your back to the window again, facing Phillip's side of the bed, something you were reminded of by the faint scent of him on the other pillow, you scoffed and let out a sigh that led to the start of more tears.

You pressed the heels of your palms against your watery eyes, and a sob rippled through the quiet room, so quiet, even with the few sunrays peeking through it felt so cold and lonely, it reminded you of that hotel room you had found yourself in many months ago after breaking up with Nick, just two days before Phillip came into your life. You should've known back then, by the way he came up to you, the way he didn't remember you even though you had been neighbors almost your entire life, you should've known back then how little he cared about stuff.

How did it even get this far? It was your fault probably, ignoring the red flags, flirting with someone you knew had most likely never known what a healthy relationship was like. And yet stupid, emotional, nice person you decided to give it a chance because he had let you cry into his shoulder once. You saw a smidgen of care and ran to it like a bug flying to the light.

After another crying and self beating up session, though you didn't want to get up, the feeling of dry tears on your face was getting you frustrated, you felt like shit, you had a headache, and your bedside table was full of used tissues from the day before. You sat up on the edge of the bed and felt more tears coming as you looked down at your feet and felt the cold air of the room travel down your back, but you stood up, swiped those tears away and started collecting tissues, walking out of the room finally, very slowly, and being met with the sun lighting up your apartment and shining in your eyes, you groaned  and narrowed your eyes a bit before they could adjust to the light. The floor was cold, but the amount of sun and the sound of birds chirping told you it was probably warmer outside, you didn't know if that helped your mood or not. What good was a nice day when you felt like this?

You didn't stay too long around the living room, walking over to the bathroom and shutting the door behind you, your face met the mirror, and you sighed again, it was a defeated sound as you looked at the results of last night on your face, dark undereyes, greasy hair, pale and bloated skin, you looked tired, burned out, and you looked stupid, you felt stupid, you were angry and disappointed. And you hated that these feelings weren't directed towards the person who deserved them.

He should be feeling stupid. He should be making you angry. And he was. But not in the same way, you were angry at yourself, for trusting, for caring so much.