Certain Moments

The two of you stayed in bed for about an hour before you realized that first, there was stuff to clean downstairs and second, you were both starting to doze off.

And also why were you cuddling??

You'd never had a casual thing before, you'd only had a one night stand once, and you were nervous the entire time about being in the dorm of a total stranger, you both barely fitted in his bed, and he didn't exactly make you breakfast the next morning, and then to top it off, the walk of shame. After that experience you thought to yourself that that was probably how it was, and you never really did it again, you also never saw the point in casual flings until now, and you had never ever thought for a second that Philip Altman would hug you tight and look at you with doe eyes when you told him you should get up and clean.

Now, it's not that Philip was an ass, you didn't think he was, but in senior year, you were taking out the trash one night, it was kinda cold and humid, and before you turned to head back in again, your eyes widened like plates at the sigh of a blonde skinny girl with messed up hair and wrinkled clothes sneaking out of Philip's room, he literally helped her out of the window, then watched her leave, didn't even give her a kiss goodbye.

That right there plus his whole reputation in school told you everything you needed to know, he was nice, but he liked to fool around, and even though he was big and cozy when he cuddled you, and he had punched Nick in the face defending you, you still reminded yourself of the reality of the situation.

That still didn't stop you from ignoring it though.

Philip was standing next to you as you washed the dishes, kind of like the other day, he grabbed a rag and started drying them when you raised a hand to stop him.

-No no no, leave them there, mom likes to leave them there a while so they won't be too wet and the rag won't end up so drenched-

He looked at you with pinched brows, you shrugged, you didn't see the sense in it either but it was an old habit of hers.

-It's her house, until i move out again i gotta do things her way...-

He gave you a tilted nod with raised brows, signaling he knew what you were talking about.

-Are they never home?- he said looking around.

You laughed, it seemed that at least they were never here when Philip paid you his "visits", thank god, you couldn't recall a time you had been so loud during sex, then again you'd never had such great sex.

-No, Horry's always at the store and mom, well, she doesn't like staying too much at home, not since dad passed away...- you trailed off.

It had been a while since you thought about your dad, a knot of guilt formed in your stomach, you remembered feeling worried that you'd forget about him at some point, and when you didn't think about him for long, that worry tended to come back.

-What about your mom? How's she doing?- you deflected the subject before he could keep you on it.

-Welp, -he started- She got her boobs done and she's planning another book tour so i think it's fair to say...she's doing fine.- he concluded with a mildly sarcastic tone, you chuckled.

So that's what was different about her...

-Y'know i always thought your mom and dad were the depiction of opposites attract.- you started, smiling-She's so open and out there, and your dad was a chill dude overall.-

His eyes widened, he leaned back against the counter next to you and nodded as if his surprise was just as big as yours, you had learned though that the older you get, the more you realize you don't know your parents, and usually, they don't know you either.