Coffee and Conditions

It was Monday, you had been holding it in all weekend knowing Erica would be watching the movie on Saturday, and even after that, you wanted to wait until you were together in person, so today you walked out of the house a little earlier and got there 10 minutes before your shift, skipping into the bakery with a huge grin.

-Hey, woah someone looks happy, you had a nice weekend?-

-Oh I don't know I did some laundry, saw The Force Awakens, no big deal...- you said casually, waiting to see her reaction.

-Wait you saw The Force Awakens??- her eyes widened and her mouth did too.

-Yes!!- you both squealed and she clapped her hands together- Can we please talk about Kylo Ren oh my GOD.- you pleaded.

-YES. We can because I can't talk about it with Toby- she grabbed your forearm and shook her head.

You were glad she agreed with you on just how pretty that man was, but you didn't stay on that subject for too long, not when so much had happened along the movie, you went back and forth, being sad about Han, then being sad about Chewie and Leia loosing Han, then being excited about a very scrawny Luke Skywalker coming up in the very end, and pretty much everything else about the movie, it was such a promising start for the sequels.

Now at lunch break you continued your rambling, you fetched her a few of your favorite takes and she fetched you some back as she dug into her sandwich.

-Poe Dameron's interrogation scene knocked the fucking air out of me, actually scratch that, Poe Dameron. Just Poe Dameron.- she gestured with her hand.

You nodded, she wasn't wrong.

-I feel like he's gay tho...- you tilted your head, narrowing your eyes at her in thought.

-Yeah but only for Finn- she shrugged and waited for you to agree.

-Mm yeah, fair enough- you chuckled with her.

-So wait you didn't tell me how you got the tickets, i thought they were sold out- her brows furrowed and she sat back on her chair.

You were leaning over the table against your forearms, moving the fork around your re heated lasagna and blinking before clearing your throat.

-About that...- you started, you knew she wouldn't scold you or anything, but you'd have to explain.

-What?- she narrowed her eyes but smiled at your suspense.

-Philip showed up at my door on Friday morning telling me he had tickets, that he had bought them a while ago but wanted me to have them because he knew I'd like to watch the movie- you explained, biting your lip to stop a grin from breaking lose.

-Oh wow...-Erica's brows stretched up, then she blinked as if slightly surprised but not really- So he just gave them to you?-

-Yeah, pretty much- that wasn't the whole story and you knew it.

She pursed her lips and nodded, eating the last of her sandwich and crushing the paper into a ball to throw in the trash.

-And did you go with someone or did you sell the ticket?- she laughed- I've heard of people that do that, it's not very nice but i mean if you have a spare ticket...- she shrugged.

A slight guilty and confessing look went her way from you as you took another bite to your mouth, wanting her to understand.

-What?- she smiled at your action.

-I didn't go alone...- you said slowly.

Her face went from a quizzical frown to a realization gasp in a second.