Where The Heart Is

I hate that this is about to be over and NOW I'm writing fast. Like why?? What is the reason?? 💔 I'm not ready for it to end, I don't wanna let go of my baby Phillip 😭 anyhow enjoy the second to last chapter my darlings...

WARNING: DRUG USE, WEED

-----------------

You woke up to the sound of birds and the room being filled with light, you barely opened your eyes before deciding to close them again and snuggle yourself further into bed, but you found you couldn’t move too much, and your body was tucked against something, as your mind caught up to your surroundings, you realized it wasn’t something.

It was Phillip, hugging you impossibly close against his body.

And you were hugging him back.

You froze for a moment, trying to look around you, your arms were tucked under his, hugging his torso, and he was holding you gently, flush against his body, cradling you. Your leg was bent over his and you could feel his breathing on the top of your head.

Essentially, you were completely entangled around each other. And you felt your face heating up with a blush, your stomach and chest were in a tug of war, jumping and thumping inside you, you took a deep breath before slowly moving, slithering out of Phillip’s hold and heading for the door before you heard a deep grumble that sounded like your name.

-Hey…- you said, turning around to find him sitting up on the bed, hair messy and eyes half open.

-You okay?- he mumbled, clearly unaware of the way he was holding you just moments ago.

-Yeah I’m fine I...I just have to go home- you nodded, mostly to yourself.

He asked about the stuff on the fridge a moment later, and you stuttered as you tried to come up with an explanation, finally telling him that you’d come around with Erica later to pick everything up, not even asking if that was okay. You got dressed and walked down the stairs like you had somewhere to be, he walked you to the door and searched for your eyes as you waited for the Uber, and you felt a little too overwhelmed when you awkwardly accepted his half hug and his quick kiss on your cheek, lighting your face on fire.

But then when the Uber stopped by the sidewalk and you were opening the door, you felt slightly bad, and distant, realized you weren’t wearing his shirt. You could still feel his hold around you, and you looked back to find him standing in the doorway, he flashed you a quirked up half smile and waved his fingers goodbye, and you responded with a smirk that faded as the car drove away, and once again you missed him besides you.

Like a dream coming to an end.

It was October now. Nearing the end of it actually, and you hadn’t talked to Phillip since that day. He had sent you a text asking how the event went the day after it, and somehow, you didn’t know what or how to respond to such a simple question, you didn’t want to be too dry, you didn’t want to be too nice, you didn’t even know if you should’ve replied, and the days went by and the text went unreplied…

But you still thought about that day, you still thought about him, everyday.

You had bought a ghost shaped mug recently while looking at Halloween themed stuff with Erica, and while you did really like it, you still remembered thinking how fun and cute it would’ve been to buy complimentary spooky mugs with Phillip, you could have a ghost and he could get a pumpkin one, or a cauldron shaped one.

And now everytime you used the mug you would think about that. Which, again, happened frequently.

You wondered how he would be feeling, if he was sad, if he was getting impatient or if he ever would, or if he was getting worried. And you felt bad when you thought about it, about the way he seemed to behave the last two times you had seen him.