Love Passed By

Your POV:

The soft cotton of the shirt slid down and around your body, you took a sniff at the collar, it still smelled like Phillip since you had made him wear it a few times before he left so you could still have him there when you went to sleep, and also because his scent was starting to fade and no that would not work for you.

It was a little silly, you had thought, needing to have his scent so badly for only three days, and it was maybe also a little silly that you already missed him after only two days, but you had decided to stop shaming yourself for those little things, to stop saying it was silly, it wasn't, it was just being in love, as cloying as that sounded.

And honestly who could blame you for missing waking up on that warm bulky chest? You had nuzzled and hugged the pillow last night in its place, but of course it didn't compare to your toned tree of a man.

Although he had left with more than enough kisses and that smile on his face, you still knew how nervous he was, you could tell in the way he had been nibbling his lip and bouncing his leg every chance he got prior to the trip, but it showed he cared, and that you also knew. He was committed to it, and that was why you could tell he'd succeed.

You had gone out for lunch with Erica, where she invited you and Phillip to her wedding and you almost hugged her out of excitement, and then you helped her do some shopping, she was looking for wedding shoes. Thinking back on the day reminded you of what you had bought for Phillip, you never thought you were a huge lingerie typa gal but the reactions he had to it were what had you buying some more, and you called him to tease it a little bit to him, casually mentioning the see through fabric and the thin thong.

Of course his reaction didn't disappoint.

- If you did want to picture me in something more sexy...i bought a little piece today...- you said, speaking smoothly and with a grin.

-Oh?- he said, you could already hear the slight tone of tiredness he had before leaving his voice.

You were glad you were able to distract him, he really did sound tired when you asked how it was going, but you didn't push it, you couldn't blame him for not wanting to talk about it after spending all day working his way to a deal.

-Yeah, a cute see through push up bra, and the tiniest little thong...- you thought out loud, exaggerating the small size of the thong on purpose.

Even through the static of the phone you heard that faint sound of a grumble he couldn't help but making, and you smiled, giving him a moment to paint the mental image of you in the underwear set, meanwhile you thought of his eyes darkening and his lips parting as he took a breath in, just like you liked him.

He took a deep breath, and you giggled quietly.

-Fuck, i bet your ass looks so good in it doesn't it?- he asked, though it was rhetorical- I'd love to see that...- his voice deep.

A giddy, long grin stretched across your face as you flipped the chicken breast on the pan, your mind focused on his presence on the other side of the phone, you bit your lip in an effort to stop your smile from widening even more.

-Oh don't worry, you'll be seeing it soon enough...- you said, letting out a mischievous giggle.

It was today that you had gotten your new lingerie, but it was yesterday when you started scheming your masterplan, just after Phillip left.

Phillip had considered taking you with him to his trip, he had even discussed it with Paul, who of course didn't see the point in you going and was very much not into the idea considering he was paying for most of the expenses. In the end Phillip's bickering and persuading ended up getting a fed up groan from Paul saying that you could go as long as you paid for yourself, this quickly deflated the idea, now that you had your own bills to pay, you didn't exactly have the kind of money for a three night stay in New York in short notice.