It's Nothing

⚠️TW: derogatory terms such as sl*t and wh*re

——————
Your POV:

It was a long weekend to say the least, the only uplifting sign you had gotten was a call from Erica the morning after you stayed with Philip, she called to tell you not to be discouraged by your small drawback from the day before, and assured you although Louie was a bit let down, he wasn't disappointed and they could both tell you had a bit of a bumpy morning.

-Hey, you doing alright?- she had asked through the phone.

No.
Was your immediate thought, you were very much not doing alright, but you liked Erica, you weren't sure you wanted to scare her away with the insane event that had taken place less than a day ago.

You sighed slowly and quietly, standing on Philip's room while he made breakfast downstairs.

-I'm doing okay...- you tried sounding casual but not defensive.

-It's just, well you seemed to had had a bad day yesterday...- you could hear sympathy and concern in her voice, it was less like Philip's full on worried tone from the night before.

-Yeah just...one of those shitty days- you chuckled falsely, you heard her chuckle with you for a moment before she continued.

-Look, i just wanted you to know, don't worry about Louie, i know he left before he could tell you anything but it's all good, he really does like you and how you work- she explained.

You weren't gonna lie, the breath you took and let out after she said that felt like a gust of relief, which joined the reassured, nuzzled effect Philip had left on you after that morning in the tub, talking about Star Wars and making out slowly until the water turned lukewarm, with his hands rubbing your back to prevent you from getting cold.

-And if you ever wanna vent about something, im available out of office hours as well...- Erica concluded, you could guess she was smiling on the other side of the phone.

You smiled as well, again, the first one since this morning with Philip, and you sighed with content.

-Thanks Erica...that means a lot to me, and the same goes for you- you said matter of factly.

You were so glad your coworker wasn't an asshole who would judge you and make passive aggressive comments like some would do back in the newsroom, you were so glad she felt more like a friend every day.

-Sure! So, see you on Tuesday?- she asked, cheerful.

-Yeah see ya...-

It was a short phone call, but it still left you relieved, you didn't really know if what you were scared of was losing your job or if you just needed reassurance in general, most likely a pressure left from your previous job where things were done meticulously and there was little to no room for mistake. Once again you were thankful, every day you spent away from that past part of your life you were sure you had made a good decision, specially after it comes back to bug you like it had done the day before.

When you were finally ready to come back to the house and face the reality of what sat in your room, you decided to at least have your brother with you, you didn't let him see the hoodie, you knew if he did he would totally lose it, and you honestly didn't want that, it would probably be way too stressful for him, you just wanted someone to help you throw your shit away.

But nevertheless, the weekend was over, your job was still standing, and although you were worried about what other stunt Nick could pull at this point, you didn't let it get to you.

Except this Monday morning, when it wasn't necessary you showed up at work, and you were alone in the house with your thoughts, and after a while of simply fidgeting and thinking, you concluded you needed a distraction, and you hoped Philip was home as you pulled your phone out. You wouldn't cry on his shoulder this time, in fact you felt like you should thank him for letting you feel like shit over at his place, or maybe you just wanted to fuck, still, a distraction to feel good.