Comfort Character

Warning ⚠️ SMUT ahead

——————
Your POV:

You walked back inside with Philip trailing behind you, you were pissed, but that slap drained it all out of you, now you were just shaken. At first when you saw him standing there you felt nervous, and then you slowly started to get mad, and then a bit scared when his false soft gesture turned into a grimace and he slammed on the door to keep it open.

You knew Philip was standing nearby, instant comfort washed over you as he stepped besides you, and then another tingle of nervousness when you felt his hand on your waist, your body reacted as if Nick's presence suddenly meant that Philip's hands on you meant you were cheating, which was ridiculous.

It was an entire rollercoaster to say the least, topping it off with Philip's fist on his jaw, to be fair, either he did it, or you did it, and in the end you traded a punch for a slap, he got lucky, because he deserved both.

-Are you okay?- you turned to Philip to look at his knuckles.

-I'm fine- he said lifting his hand- He has a weak jaw- he smiled.

A chuckle escaped as you looked up at him, he joined you and you shook your head, still replaying the whole situation back in your head, you were glad it hadn't escalated, it all happened quite fast, the insults, then the hits and finally the speeding off.

-How did you know about the 5 minutes?- you looked up at Philip.

A small laugh came out of him and he raised a brow.

-I didn't, i was guessing- he said, chuckling.

Now your face was beet red, when you said sex with Nick was bad at the last few strands of your relationship, you weren't joking, it was fast and bad, it went from an initial 20 to 30 minutes to a solid 5. Maybe 10 if it was on occasion, at one point you kind of accepted that maybe that's how it was when you've been with someone for long enough, it still didn't explain how you never came though.

-Oh...- you said simply.

-He's a full dickhead isn't he?- he said, once again laughing.

-He wasn't always like that trust me, i promise I'm not that dumb- you gestured with your hand- I can't believe he said all those things...-

You thought back to them, he essentially called you a whore, twice. Now that you were thinking about it, it kind of hurt, being called a bitch and whore by someone that at one point you even thought you would marry, someone that loved you and that you used to love. Apparently you didn't know him as well as you thought you did.

A part of that scared you, Nick hadn't really screamed at you for most of your relationship, and he had been getting more and more scary these last few times, more manipulative, he had come all the way here to convince you to go back, and not in the romantic way, he said it himself, he wasn't taking no for an answer, a shiver ran up your arms at the thought of Philip not being there after Nick tried to keep the door open with a slam, and how dark his eyes had gotten.

-Hey, you okay?- Philip's gentle tone snapped you out of your thoughts.

You looked up at him again, watching the small look of concern drawn on his gesture, your hands hugged your arms, suddenly you felt cold, not real cold, this was a similar type of cold like the one you felt that night at the hotel after breaking up with Nick, the cold from the shivers that uncertainty brought.

-Yeah no, i'm, i'm fine...- you said in a hushed tone, swallowing- I just... i've never seen him like that...-

-Hey...- he said, his hand cupped your face, his thumb caressed your cheek and you just wanted to melt into his touch- He's a fucking asshole, he doesn't deserve you, you're amazing, and you deserve someone that'll treat you right...-