Just The Two Of Us

HEY EVERYONEE!! I'm baaack finally, my health is better and I'm finally done with the two toughest projects of the year, so I'm doing better...for now 🙃 anyhow, i have a long ass chapter ready just for y'all, thank you so much for the patience.

I do have some sad news...we are now two chapters away from SLY coming to an end 😭 my heart is slowly starting to break, it's been more than a year and now it's suddenly so close to ending 💔 thank you for reading, and commenting and supporting, and i hope you all stick for the end! ❤

----------------------

A month had slipped by already, but not without notice, the summer had been long and slow for you, for starters you didn’t like it, you never liked summer too much, the heat, the sweat, the shaving your legs, of course a break up didn’t help all of these, but at least that had kept you somewhat busy...in a way, but your summer had still been a little empty, quiet, boring, lonely.

Work wasn’t too exciting lately either, not that it should be, but finding the job with Louie at the bakery had been probably one of the best parts of coming back to town last year, it was a job you liked, a job you woke up looking forward to, and coming from your past experience and what you had been told your whole life about working, that was a lucky find. But bakeries were slower during the summer, people wanted to eat ice cream, not scones. Erica and you brought in the idea for smoothies and iced coffee and made it work, and that had lifted the clients back up a little, but in general you just weren’t too busy.

Erica had been going around with Toby settling what would be called “details” in a wedding, but had her running around all day when she wasn’t at work, Toby took care of their honeymoon, and you had offered various times to help with anything. Anything.

You didn’t like being the type of person that was always doing stuff, that was never around because they were always busy with something, but too little activity also had you bouncing your leg at work, turning and twisting around in bed at night, with eyes hardly staying closed. You guessed it gave you time to think, the dead quiet of the night might’ve been the ideal setting to mull over a certain someone.

Or it might also end up being the reason you were lacking sleep…

The sheets didn’t smell like him anymore since you changed them, the old mattress had even lost the denting in the shape of his tall figure, the bathroom cabinet didn’t smell like that strong cologne he sometimes wore and he used to have here, and that wasn’t even it, Phillip never lived here per se, most of his presence would be found in your bedroom, and still you saw him all over the apartment, and you felt the lack of him all over, when you came in through the door and he wasn’t all over you hugging you and kissing your face, when he didn’t tap away on his laptop sitting down in your couch and when he didn’t lean back sleepily against the kitchen counter as he waited for his coffee to be done.

And when you were laying down late at night after waking up from a light hour or so of sleep, the bed felt too big, too cold even with how hot it would be, and you missed Phillip Altman.

You would chuckle alone to yourself at the far away words of his jokes in your mind, whenever he would grumble and turn your way to cuddle you, and the way he would tell you to lay on his chest and let you talk away when you had too much on your mind.

Now you were alone, again, it wasn’t a new thing but...it didn’t mean it felt familiar, when your head was full with whatever it chose to worry about, no one was besides you to listen, and you had no one to listen to, and sometimes when you felt truly lonely, you wished Phillip were there complaining about Paul, about his mother, and you would both laugh and joke and everything would feel so simple, problems were small and almost dumb, or none existent.