A Sweet Reprise

And...here we are. The last chapter of this fic, no I'm not crying. You're crying.

I'm very happy to tell you all that there is going to be an epilogue and then the author's note where I'm gonna get all whimpy and sentimental, for now, I hope you guys love this as much as I do ❤ see you on the other side 😭

WARNING: SMUT

----------------------

He asked you out for dinner.

He didn’t wait too long to call either, you were finishing dinner that night when you got the call, a smile on your face. He sounded happy too, excited, and he asked if you were free on Saturday, and if you wanted to go over for dinner to his mom’s, adding the imminent “Wow, that was embarrassing to say out loud” comment after. But of course you agreed, happily.

You thought it was going to be like any other dinner you two have had in that house, either both of you cooking and eating by the counter, or maybe sitting down on the couch facing each other, bottle of wine on the coffee table. When you got there, every light in the house was out except for the kitchen, but he didn’t lead you to it, instead he walked you all the way out to the backyard.

There was a small table covered in a table cloth, two chairs, a few small candles in the center of the table, and the only lights were the lamps by the door and the lamp posts around the garden. It wasn’t too fancy, but it was romantic, and there was effort in it. He cooked a whole meal for you, including dessert, and he made you laugh, you talked about him wanting to move out and about Erica’s wedding, you chatted up about dumb stuff and even joked about your families like you used too.

It was even better than last time.

You were starting to get dizzy with wine when the clock hit midnight and the night got cold, although you did stay to clean up a bit before you decided to call it a night, and he laid a kiss on your cheek when you said goodbye, lingering for a moment  with his arm around your waist before he watched you leave.

You didn’t talk about it, your situation, his apology, both of your feelings, you just enjoyed the night, and it was far more than enough. The second time came soon after and he asked you out for a drink at the bar he always went to. On the third time he asked if it was a date, and after saying yes, you figured you should talk about everything, and on the fourth date, when you asked him out instead, you talked.

It was a little slow at first, a little rough, you guessed you both would’ve rather forgotten completely about the past and ignore it and simply move forward. Moving forward isn’t forgetting, it’s accepting.

You shared how you felt, how you had felt all those months, and then came his turn to talk, and he apologized again. And this time you gave him an answer. He understood you couldn’t simply forgive and have everything go back to normal like nothing happened, there was a break of trust and the fact that you loved each other didn’t erase that, and he agreed with you.

It was his idea to go slow. Thinking it might be better if you started from the beginning again, and saw how it went, how it developed. He wanted to prove himself to you.
About a month in, and things were going great, it was something you found yourself feeling relieved and happy about, even if there was still a way to go, you felt like you could get there.

Your phone buzzed twice as you were styling the last of your hair, hoping it would last through the wedding.

Messages (1)

Phillip ❤: Here :)
__

A small smile quirked up your mouth and you rushed to put your heels on and open the door for him.