Birthday

-Morning! Ooh Halloween decorations- you said gingerly, stepping through the front door of the bakery.

-Yess!! Finally, i love Halloween- Erica's eyes widened looking back at you as she hung the pumpkin shaped garlands over the transparent coffee displayers.

Tomorrow it'll be a week and a half since your first day working at the bakery, and already Erica and you were becoming very close, last week she wore a Star Wars vintage shirt and you found out you were both huge fans and rambled about it all day, she was really nice, and it felt great to have someone to chat and laugh, even somedays out of work you'd text.

Speaking of texts, Philip had been texting you a lot more, which you didn't mind at all, he was fun to text, the other day he asked you if he could call, and you agreed, you ended up talking for about 2 or 3 hours, and from there you had called each other a few other times, he'd told you a bit about working at the store, about how Paul was against any major changes, and all he wanted to do were major changes. The rest was just shameless flirting back and forth, with a few blushes here and there from you, every time you'd blush at his flirty tone, you were glad he wasn't there to see, and also wondering why you blushed so hard all of a sudden.

You had also caught yourself smiling a few times when he texted you, which was not a good sign at all, but convinced that your previous knowledge on Philip's character would prevent you from catching feelings, you shook them off...those exact feelings.

-You got any plans for Halloween?- you asked her walking behind the counter.

-Mm not really, I'll probably make my fiancé sit down and watch movies with me, maybe pick a pumpkin,- she looked over at you and gave you a suggestive smile- How about you? Any plans with Philip?-

She accentuated his name as she said it, and you chuckled raising a brow, you hadn't really told her about Philip, so you wondered how she knew his name.

-How do you know about Philip?- you frowned.

-I heard you talk to him on the phone during your lunch break the other day- she laughed.

-Ooh... yeah, no- you shook your head, answering her previous question- It's not like that, we're not...-

You didn't know how to complete that sentence, you weren't...what? Seeing each other? Dating? You simply shook your head hoping Erica would understand, but either she didn't, or she saw through your bullshit, a blind person could see through your bullshit.

-So...what are you guys?- she asked, smiling.

-We're...- you looked away with a confused and unknowing expression.

Friends? Friends with benefits? Fuck buddies?

-...casual...- you said, hesitatingly- I don't know, it's a weird thing were like, we chat and we've slept together, but there's nothing actually going on, and I don't mind that- you shrugged- It's actually kind of perfect for me right now, who knew a player would be perfect at any moment right?-

She huffed and nodded.
-You said it...so you know he's a player?-

-Oh yeah- you nodded- Always has been, i knew him in high school, well, everyone did, he had this reputation around- you gestured with your hands- So i know that he isn't really looking for anything, but then again neither am i, he just likes to flirt and fuck...and he's pretty funny, so that's good-

He also has a cute smile and puppy eyes.

Erica hummed and squinted a bit, a smirk appearing on her face, suspicion tainting her expression as she stayed silent, almost waiting for you to admit something.