CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: BURNING ONE'S PART TWO

"How old are you, young lady?" an elderly woman asked with her soft-spoken voice. She is currently sitting comfortably on her rocking chair while sipping some hot steaming tea. Hayaku notices her clouded eyes which means the sweet old lady is unable to see anymore.

Grace, a sixty years old female and a former merchant in the Seraphine Village.

"Sixteen." the black haired female replied while sitting on the dirty white couch. The dragon spirit is right beside her while plopping some clover chocolate in his mouth.

They are currently at Merlin's humble home with his grandmother. She isn't his blood-related grandmother but she is the one who took him when he went in hiding. Since the elderly woman is totally blind, she doesn't have any idea who he really is.

Merlin decided to keep the truth away from them in order to protect them.

He just hiding his real identity behind the name Kai, a commoner who lives in the secluded area of the Seraphine Village along with his blind grandmother and little sister.

Until a strange negative aura surrounded the elderly female as she flinches from the age of the young girl. She slowly places her teacup on the wooden table as she called her grandson.

"Kai..." she uttered sternly which makes Ryu and Hayaku quite scared at the ominous aura coming from the elderly female. They can't figure out if she is enraged or disappointed.

Merlin blinks repeatedly at the strange tone of his grandmother. She mostly uses that kind of tone if he had done something to displease her. "Something wrong, obaasan?" he asked and totally dumbfounded about it.

The black haired male scrunches his nose while holding a cup of coffee in both of his hands. He lends it towards Hayaku and Ryu and then stands beside his grandmother. Grace doesn't speak for a while but their two guests could feel the dark aura that flickering around her.

"Obaasan is there something-" Merlin asked once again but his grandmother immediately grab his right ear harshly as she yanks it repeatedly. "Why did you do it to a young sixteen years old!" the elderly female voice roared inside the wooden house which shock Hayaku and Ryu.

"Didn't I tell you to respect girls at all time! You just stole her innocence and bring her home here without marriage!" Grace bombarded him with complaints which make Merlin flustered from her statement.

"You got it all wrong, obaasan! I will just going to help them!" Merlin insisted but his grandmother didn't hear his pleads.

"Don't use that excuse with me, young mister! Your sister told me that she always caught you with different women! And now this!" she shouted once again while Ryu and Hayaku sweatdropped at the fuming elderly.

"This is a misunderstanding! Haya isn't -" Merlin couldn't able to utter the word 'woman'. For some strange reason, he was embarrassed about it.

Hayaku cough awkwardly and decided to help the panicking Merlin. "What he said is true... He will assist us on our mission." she informed as she places her right hand on her chest. "I apologize for bothering you at a time like this..." she continued.

"We are Magic Knights and needed Kai's knowledge about this place in order to complete our mission." Hayaku explains furthermore.

"And my master will never be with this-" Ryu is about to say something but Hayaku covers his mouth with her right hand.

Grace tilted her head after hearing her explanation as she let go of her grandson. "Magic Knight?" the elderly female mumbles under her breath.

The black haired male is rubbing his right ear while mumbling how mean his grandmother could be. Her mood lit up as she claps her hands together. "Oh, I see that is good I guess." she said as she twitches her lips into a smile.