CHAPTER FIFTY ONE: PAWN OF GODS

Balance.

Everything must be kept in balance no matter what. A perfect symmetry between good and evil, in which everyone must keep their feet intact and never crosses into the other side of the scale.

That is what every world desire.

In a world where everything is measured by the power an individual possesses.

Could it ever be achieved?

The cosmos is composed of different space in which bridges connects it from one another. Not all living creatures can cross on it whatever they desire.

Even the gods are forbidden to travel from different spaces to one another.

In order to maintain balance, it must be followed accordingly.

The three main worlds act as the foundation of the cosmos. These three worlds must exist at the same time without causing anomalies with each other.

The First World also known as the Realm of the Living in which humans and other races co-exist with one another. They possess unique magic throughout their life and continue on evolving with the use of their grimoire.

The Second World also known as the Realm of the Dead or Underworld in which demons that lurking in the darkness causes despair towards the humans and other races. They love to play with their hearts in the palm of their hands, in order to feed their endless hunger for pleasure.

The Third World and the one that is above them all is the Realm of Gods in which divine beings reside. They provide divine protection towards the Realm of Living in order to protect them from the demon that seeks despair.

But in every world, balance is just difficult to attain. Just like the two Realms, evil exists in the Realm of Gods. They possess divine power but it doesn't mean they were kind.

Power level along with its rarity is the ranking system in the Realm of Gods. The three types of divine beings that have been group together according to the power they possess are:

The ones who possess absolute divine powers are the Absolute deities or the gods that existed in the very beginning. The power that they possess has the ability to create life, bestow power, and even create an artificial god.

The second one is known as the Shadows or the artificial gods that the absolute deities create in order to do specific tasks for the god who created them.

The last one is the Pawn of Gods or the protector of the gods, they were guardians of the bridges between the worlds. Some of them are destined to journey into the Realm of Living to assure the balance of good and evil.

Despite being the lowest of them all, Pawn of Gods possesses divine power that could even match up against Shadows. They were created as a perfect warrior that excels in either magical ability or physical ability.

There are two known creatures that don't fall into the three categories because they lack divine powers.

Servants are beings that don't possess any soul, they were the ones that aid the Pawns of Gods no matter what. They must follow their master's order without any question even if it meant to hurt someone.

Fall from grace is the absolute deities or Shadows whose hearts have been corrupted by malice. Their only goal is to acquire power by consuming the souls of the living or sometimes their hearts.

"They were hypocrites." a male uttered under his breath. His soft long blond hair was fixed into a ponytail. His lips were parted apart while his crimson dragon eyes gaze upon the glistering lake below the cliff he is into.