CHAPTER SIX: A NEW LEAF

The droplets of the rain hitting her body like a small pebble. She runs away as her feet sunk into the mud in the forest while Gadjah is still being carried by the unknown creature, the dragon spirit.

She knew she is not in the Spade Kingdom border anymore but she keeps moving her feet, away from Dante. Making sure they will not catch her.

There is a cold, sharp, and crisp feeling building up on her lungs. Her vision becomes blurry but she must not stop.

A white flame surrounded Gadjah's body. It is a recovering spell but the amount of mana it needed takes a toll on her body, it almost drains her.

"We must rest..." a voice can be heard inside her head, it was her spirit, Hanabi.

She watches her spirit from the corner of her eyes, noticing Gadjah is healing up perfectly.

"No, we must put him in a safe place first..." she informs her, attention in front of her.

Hanabi knew how stubborn the young girl is. She is only able to move because of sheer will. She doesn't have enough mana right now. Using flame magic earlier, spatial magic to travel this far and healing her friend sure drain her mana.

She still a mere child after all. If she hasn't been triggered by Vanica. She won't be able to surpass her limit.

They spotted a cave from a distant and Hayaku instructed Hanabi to leave Gadjah there. "We will just leave the kid here?" his spirit spoke again, a bit surprised. He could only talk to her inside her head. Hayaku is panting from exhaustion and nodding at him in response.

"It is better. He is safe now. I already healed him. He will live." she told her, gasping in between each words as she turns her golden orbs into Gadjah. There is no bruise and his twisted leg turns back into a normal state.

"Besides if we are together and got caught. He will surely die, this is the only way..." Hayaku explains. Her spirit didn't argue anymore until, in a puff of smoke, he turned into a small white snake and hiding under her clothes.

"Better change like this then..." Hanabi told him with his bored voice.

She watches the lying Gadjah for one last time, his breathing becomes normal and all he needed to do is rest. She sways her hand until the white flame disappeared.

"Thank you..." she told him with her lower voice, hoping that he heard her. And with that, she fled and never look back.

The rain hits her skin once again as she looks up watching the black void in the sky. It was during the night that she escape in the first place. Darkness surrounded her in the forest and without her golden eyes she won't be able to see a thing. Being in this situation, she felt grateful that she is gifted.

She felt the unbearable pain all over her body. She is exhausted as her body started to sway, her vision becomes blurry, and feeling the air slowly leaving her lungs.

"Hayaku!" her spirit shouted at her but no avail.

She forced to open her half-lifted eyes but she failed. The black haired girl becomes as white as a snow even her lips turn gray. With one step backward, she crumpled down like a lifeless puppet that has been released under a string.

********

The flickering sound of fire brought her back in her consciousness. She opens her eyes, eyelashes faintly batting against her lid when she blinked.

There was a red and pink hue in the sky. The clouds were like cotton candy floating on it, a foreign sight for her. Since she hasn't really gone outside the castle. Her body felt weak as her skin felt the soft green grass underneath. An exasperated sigh escapes on her lips, pushing herself up.