CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: BURNING ONE'S LAST PART

"And here I thought you won't find out about it." Ryu gazes upon his master who is uttering the words "I'm sorry"  like a broken record.

The dragon spirit already knew how Gin died with his own hands several years ago but he decided to bury it down within him and not sputter a single soul about that tragedy.

Because he is aware that it will just cause Hayaku guilt and despair.

The unpleasant thoughts are running on her mind that she was unable to keep up with it. She wanted everything to be at ease so she can breathe but it was hopeless.

She didn't even hear the call of her dragon spirit that is genuinely worried about her. This is what Ryu wanted to avoid at all cause as he saw the flicker of black mana around her.

"Master..." Ryu called in almost a pleading manner but Hayaku just keeps whispering those apologetic words. "Haya!" he shouted as he immediately grabs her shoulders and forces her to face him this time.

Ryu's eyes widen in a fraction of seconds the moment he saw her crimson eyes that were devoid of life. "She totally lost it..." he thought as he furrowed his eyes brows.

"If this continues... she might..." he whispered as he purses his lips into a frown. His glassy golden eyes cast down at her with a dejected gaze.

The dragon spirit covered Hayaku with his white flame in order to calm her mana. The gentle and soothing white flame that could suppress the ominous magic within her.

"Haya...please calm down..." he whispered as he gritted his teeth in frustration.

Witnessing his master in such a pitiful state broke his heart but what pained him more is he will never be the one to fill her empty heart.

Hayaku's crimson eyes slowly turn into a golden shade and the flickering black mana slowly fades away. Her vision that is filled with darkness was replaced with the worried expression of Ryu.

"Ryu...?" she whispered as she felt the cold tears in her cheeks. She blinks repeatedly as she places her right hand on the upper part of her face. She felt ashamed about how she let her emotion affected her during an important mission.

"I worry you again, isn't it?" she murmured while Ryu let out a sigh of relief. The dragon spirit stares at her for a moment as he wipes the tears on her cheeks.

"Worrying about you is only natural master." Ryu stated as he guides her to stand on her feet. Even though he doesn't want to talk about that certain tragedy, he knew that he needed to warn Hayaku before its too late.

"Haya... now that you found out the truth. What are you going to do about it?" he asked and didn't avert his gaze away from her.

The black haired female eyes cast down with a sorrowful gaze from the question of Ryu. If she wanted to be honest, she can't think of an answer right now.

Because her mind is full of confusion and uncertainty.

Ryu let out a soft sigh in between her lips as he places his right hand on the top of her head. "I know I am just your dragon spirit but I will be honest with you because I care for you, master." he stated with genuine concern.

"Don't choose him because you felt responsible." Ryu said which makes Hayaku's eyes widen for a moment there. "Choose him because you wanted to be with him along with its consequences." he continued.

The dragon spirit slowly removes his hand away from her as he clicks his tongue in irritation. He knew that he will regret this in the future but then if his master's happiness will be with a certain silver haired male.