CHAPTER ELEVEN: NASH DETERMINATION

Hayaku felt the smoothness of the breeze passing through her skin while staring at the statue on the top of the demon skull. Her golden eyes examine the traces of his face and feeling that there is a void in her heart, something she forgot.

"How odd..." she muttered under her breath while Hanabi is sleeping on her shoulder, still wrapped around her neck.

She heard the sound of flapping wings and noticing a swallowtail that rests on the top of her head. The same old little swallowtail with strangely familiar eyes.

She already knew the little creature when she was nine years old. She was a bit surprised at first seeing it with a piece of flower on her beak and offering it to the statue.

Maybe Wizard King is just amazing, a legend indeed that even a swallowtail caught its attention.

"So, you are visiting him again huh?" she asked the swallowtail but no words came out. Of course, it is an animal, it won't talk.

The swallowtail flap its wings, a little gesture she catches on, it is the way saying yes to her.

"I'm going to leave soon. I will take the Exam and become a Magic Knight..." she told the little creature until it flies into the blue sky in a circular motion. Hayaku gazes up, covering the blinding sunlight with her right hand and watching the swallowtail.

"Even the little swallowtail seems wishing me luck huh..." she whispered as her lips turn upward into a smile.

**********

"One thousand!" Asta yelled as loud as he is, swinging his anti-magic sword. "Now to down some moguro leaf juice!!!" he shouted, pouring the green fluid down to his throat. "Gross! One more gulp!!!" he continued and disregarding the bitter taste.

"Moguro isn't that gross...." Hayaku told him, stretching her arms upward and covering her mouth as she let a yawn.

"Haya! It is bitter..." Asta whines while the golden eyed girl watches him with a boredom look on her face.

She holds her water container with the same maguro juice inside and drinks like it was nothing. She didn't even make any movement on her face. "Delicious..." she told him with sparkle around her. Asta cringes on how Hayaku drank it with stars in her eyes.

"You got to be kidding me..." he said in disbelief.

"Haya aren't you even training?" Asta asked, noticing the girl just sleep there for almost half a day. Hayaku purses her lips into a thin line, standing on her feet and shoving her hands on her pockets.

"Who told you that?" she asked in confusion.

"Well, you are just sleeping there..." Asta deadpanned. Hayaku let out a yawn once again "I am training...." she informed him.

"While sleeping?!" he asked in disbelief. Hayaku on the other hand just shrug.

"Well, I guess yeah..." she told him, looking away.

She really couldn't tell him how it really works. She just takes a nap that is true but earlier she is training under Hanabi's little secret dimension.

Asta squinted his eyes while examining Hayaku's face. "Quit staring..." she muttered without looking at him. The ash blond boy felt warm on his cheeks after noticing that he is really staring at her.

"Sorry.." he said shyly. Hayaku rubs the back of her neck and looking down on her feet. She feell guilty that she can't tell him about that.

"There is nothing to be sorry about...I'm just going somewhere alright..." she told him until she vanishes into a thin air.