CHAPTER FORTY FOUR: FREE THE WICKED SOUL

Most of the Magic Knights have been possessed by the elves soul which harbor hatred towards humans. The 28th Wizard King Julius Novachrono sacrifices his life in order to save the citizen of the Clover Kingdom from the hands of the light magic user, Patry.

Patry who shares the same body with the Captain of the Golden Dawn, William Vangeance. Two souls in a single body, no one ever knows how it even happens but it just did.

From the very beginning, William felt that he needed to protect Patry no matter what due to the pain and suffering that he could feel from him. He sympathizes with him and believes it was fate that they were able to meet each other.

Patry is like a brother to him and he already knew that the light magic user needed to accomplish his goal at all cost. Even though it will cause harm to the Kingdom that he wanted to protect and will cause heartbreak towards the person who accepts him for who he is.

William just didn't do anything to stop the upcoming tragedy to happen and he hated himself for that.

Two of the most important people in his life that he doesn't have the heart to even choose in between.

He took both sides as he hurt his comrades in the end. Until he just let the two decide on their own and the light magic user won over Julius Novachrono.

"I am the worst..." that is what William believes.

The world tree magic user's soul falls deeper into sleep and will probably not be able to return back once the reincarnation spell is completed. In the absence of the Wizard King, the Clover Kingdom is in complete chaos.

Asta, Yuno, and Ryu also manage to save Sister Lily, Father Orsi, and the other children back at Hage Village from the poison plant magic user that was possessed by an elf, Digit Taliss.

After that, they have decided to split up in order to help the citizen and Magic Knights in the Clover Kingdom. They are also looking for a certain young boy and hoping that it will return their childhood friend back at them.

Asta has successfully reunited with Vanessa and Magna in a nonconventional way. Because in front of him is the possess Luck with powerful lightning magic named Rufel.

The magicless boy was relieved that he just arrived right in time because Rufel almost killed the delinquent mage for a moment there. It is all thanks to Rouge that uses its last spec of magic to bring upon the loud-mouthed boy.

The usual Thunder God's Boots and Thunder God's Gloves of Luck are flickering like a wild beast. He even possesses lightning horns that are directed upward and his lightning magic changes drastically after he possesses elven magic.

"Who the hell are you?" Rufel asked in annoyance. He doesn't even know where the magicless boy even came from.

"You know damn well who I am but I'll repeat myself as many times as it takes!" Asta stands on his feet as he holds his new anti-magic sword in front of him horizontally. The Demon-Destroyer sword that could send his friends back to them.

The sword that could even nullify even the forbidden magic.

The black anti-magic power started to surround the magicless boy as he transformed once again in order to save Luck this time. A black wing sprout behind his right shoulder and his right eye turn into a crimson one.

"We're Luck friends!" Asta shouted as he holds the hilt of the Demon-Destroyer sword in his right hand.

"Asta...." Vanessa and Magna uttered at the same time after they saw the presence of the magicless boy.