CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN: IZANAMI PART 2

The stars filled the pitch-black night sky like scattered diamond pieces. It is a sight that the ten years old Nacht always wanted to gaze upon. Despite being alone in the training ground, he didn't feel an ounce of fear but instead he felt the sense of calmness from it.

He slowly closes his eyes and feels the gentle coldness of the wind. He takes a deep breath and smells the sweet aroma of the apple trees nearby the training grounds. Soft silvery smoke escapes in between his lips as he slowly opens his eyes.

It is a perfect moment to reminisce about something in the past but Nacht doesn't have any good memories to begin with. Just like his name, it is filled with blackness without any glimmer of light.

A pitch-black night.

Shadow magic emerged from his right hand that is swirling like a blazing flame. He gestures his hand swiftly until two shadow magic crows emerged from it and started to flap their wings above him.

Despite not possessing any grimoire, Nacht able to control his magic perfectly at such a young age. It was something he is proud of due to his continuous training.

He didn't do it because he wanted to be a Magic Knight like most of the nobles do but it was rather just for fun.

If something wasn't amusing for Nacht, he will not do it at all. That is why as he grew up, he tends to do mischievous stuff just because he enjoys it.

He doesn't care what his parents and brother think about him. All he cares about is his own desire and nothing else. As long as he could get what he wanted, he would do everything even if it means doing the wrong things.

"Hah... I needed to do something else aside from training." he talks to himself like he always does. His light blue eyes stare at the half-moon in the night sky. His adamant expression is illuminated by the silver moonlight as his lips purses into a frown.

The soft sound of the crunching leaves makes his brows furrowed as he turns his head in a specific direction. "Someone is still awake?" he whispered and wondering who might that be.

He is certain that his parents and brother are already sleeping in their rooms. Even their servants aren't supposed to be wandering this time at night.

Nacht decided to hide his magic presence and walks towards where the sound came from. But then his eyes widen for a fraction of seconds after finding out that it was his father all along.

The middle-aged man is still wearing his nightwear indicating that he sneaks out in the middle of the night. He is holding a basket filled with food with a smile on his lips as if he is excited to meet someone up ahead.

The young boy was bewildered by his father's peculiar expression. He never shows such a face even in front of his mother. The blush across his face makes his insides turn upside down.

"Is he really having an affair?" he thought as he scrunches his nose in disgust. He didn't need to be an adult to understand what is an affair. He already heard the rumors from the gossiping maids.

That his father always vanishes in the middle of the night to meet his lover.

His father isn't even a great man if he wanted to be honest. That is why Nacht thought that whoever his father lover must be a person who seeks his money and nothing else.

But even so, he is still curious what kind of woman makes his father act like a crazy lovestruck puppy.

Truthfully, Nacht didn't felt any resentment after finding out about his father's infidelity. For him, it is bound to happen since his parents are only united through political marriage.