CHAPTER SIXTY-FIVE: FALL FROM GRACE LAST PART

Tsubasa will never forget the first time she laid her eyes on her destined master.

Who would have thought that he will be there in the "boundary", the place between the West and the East, a place that is engulfed with coldness and towering glaciers, a place that even divine beings are wary of.

That very place that even Absolute Deities don't have the power to govern, a lawless zone where sins don't even exist.

Strangely, she had a strong urge to venture into the boundary that night as if left undone, only regret will remain. Until she finally realized that it is what they call "the calling", a situation in which a servant's master is on the verge between life and death.

It is a rare phenomenon since they haven't encountered each other in the first place. Thanatos told her before that she will eventually have those unexplainable desires to protect her master, to the point that it can be perceived as an obsession.

That is just the way it is as if imaginary shackles wrapped around her wrists and ankles, attached to her master for eternity. A complete submission, following every order her master speaks of without any question.

Despite the unbearable coldness and the harsh wind that might cut her skin, Tsubasa continued to venture into the lawless zone without any fear. Using her unique golden eyes that could see distances from afar and teleport whenever her sight caught upon, a special ability she has had since she was created by the lost souls.

Snarls and growls linger in her ears upon setting her feet into the fragile white ice, the sound emitted by mythical wolves. As she turns her head towards where the ferocious beings are, a golden hue immediately catches her attention.

Soft golden locks resembling a field of ripe wheat and crimson eyes that glimmer like a certain expensive gem. Tsubasa never thought that her destined master would possess such a divine appearance.

But despite the envy-worthy appearance her master possess, she could clearly see the hollowness of his heart. Such a fragile heart can easily break into pieces if someone's hand touches upon.

"Protect him."

A certain voice whispered in her ear as she saw the five ferocious mythical beings surround her master, intending to devour him whole. As they release bone-chilling howls and jump toward the golden-haired male, Tsubasa spread her right palm and directed it towards them.

Until four golden magic circles appeared behind her as chains with sharp blades on the ends of them launched toward the four mythical beasts. The sharp blade pierce through their flesh as she wrapped the chain around their bodies, crushing their bones as well.

Tsubasa didn't stop there as she dashed toward the remaining mythical beast, covered her right fist with her mana, punched it on the top of its head, and slammed it on the snowy ground. Her incredible strength made her fist burrow into the mythical beast's skull.

Crimson dyed the snowy ground as she could feel the warmness of the blood against her skin. The strong metallic scent lingers around her as she shifted her golden eyes toward her master.

Dismembered bodies of the mythical creatures and the blood splattered on her white dress. How disappointed it is that she encounters her master in such a gruesome state.

"There is no other choice anyway." she thought as her eyes widen in a fraction of seconds after realizing the appearance of her master.

Thanatos told her that tears are a reflection of one's soul, we can feel what is hidden within their hearts. From the looks of it, her master seems to lost one of his precious belongings or maybe someone dear to him.