CHAPTER FORTY TWO: BETRAYED BY HER OWN IDEALS

Night had finally fallen at the Clover Kingdom and the cold gentle breeze blew right through the black haired girl. Her long black sway along with the wind as she tucks some strands of it behind her right ear.

Her golden eyes gaze up into the starry night sky as her lips were slightly parted apart. Silvery smoke came out from it as she takes a sigh once again.

She is currently in the Lodging House at the Royal Capital where the banquet is being held. She decided to stay at the balcony for a while before meeting the others Royal Knights.

Her dragon spirit Hanabi crosses his arms on his chest while standing beside his master. His golden eyes didn't miss the sorrow in her eyes despite her gentle expression.

Until footsteps can be heard behind them as they felt the familiar cold aura. "And why are you here all alone...foreigner.." it was the Captain of the Silver Eagles who decided to stand beside her.

Nozel was a bit surprised by the silence of the black haired female. He shifted his purple eyes towards Hanabi who just started to walk away from them. The dragon spirit hopes that maybe Nozel will make her master feel a little bit better.

"I...I guess things have been bothering me lately..." Hayaku said softly as she glances at him from the corner of her eyes. Nozel hum in response as his white furry mantle slightly moves from the breeze.

"You seem to be bothered by simple things..." the mercury magic user uttered as he shifted his purple eyes at her. "What it is this time..." he asked with his monotone voice as he notices how Hayaku stares at him for a while until her lips turn into a smile.

Nozel slowly averts his gaze away from her as he places his right on his lips. "Not that I am interested, foreigner...." he defended with an unnoticeable blush on his face which earned a chuckle from Hayaku. She doesn't know why the heaviness on her chest slowly faded away with his presence.

She gazes upon the starry night as she shoves her hands on her pockets. "I am just wondering what is the real reason that the Eye of the Midnight Sun has such strong hatred that they can't able to forgive us..." Hayaku confesses.

"And we need to fight them because of what they did. An endless fight that will just cause despair..." she purses her lips into a thin line. "Why can't we just forgive one another, so no one will suffer anymore..."

Nozel hum in response after hearing her statement. He does understand what she meant but forgiveness isn't just something that a person could bestow into someone easily.

"You are indeed bothered by simple things..." the mercury magic user said softly. "But you know it is not easy to forgive someone when they have cause harm to the things that you suppose to protect..."

Hayaku closes her eyes as her lips turn into a smile. "Yeah...maybe that is..." she said softly understanding what he meant. "Maybe doing the right thing is really hard, isn't it..." she gazes down at both of her hands.

"Maybe, It will be hard for me to forgive as well if ever someone hurt what I suppose to protect..." she admitted as she rubs the back of her neck. "What am I even saying... I apologize for my unnecessary thoughts...I hope I didn't cause any trouble..."

Nozel places his right hand on the top of her head as he patted it lightly. "You were never a trouble..." his gentle voice makes Hayaku gazes upon the silver haired male.

"Always remember that...Haya..." he continued which makes the black haired female eyes widen as her name just escapes from his lips.

The Silver Eagle captain purple eyes shifted at her captivating golden eyes as he moves his delicate hand on her right cheek and tucks some strand of her soft black hair behind her ear.