CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: THE GRIMOIRE THAT NEVER DISINTEGRATE

Hayaku felt her light body keeps falling into nothingness like there is no end. She felt like she is floating but then falling and at the same time, it's just odd.

Is something pulling her down or some shadows lurking in the darkness keep her captive.

"What is happening..." she tried to open her mouth but nothing came out as if she is on the bottom of the sea, drowning, but she isn't, she knows she isn't.

Her half lifted eyes are staring at the dimmed light from above. She tried to reach it slowly with her right hand but she just can't. She tried to remember what happened earlier. The last thing she remembered is she fainted after the strange gel salamander captured her.

Then the black flames that she could smell death but then there is Asta, it was futile, she couldn't remember it well.

"What was it again..." she whispered as she tried to open her lips but no sound came out from it. Until she remembers a man, a certain member of the Eye of the Midnight Sun.

"That is right...Did I kill him..." she spoke and still not emitting any sound. "Huh...Kill..." she chuckles inwardly from the specific word. How hypocrite she is, she already use to it. Those enemies of hers are evil after all, just like her.

"What am I... What really am I..." those are the last question she really wanted to know. As she slowly closes her eyes and let her body sunk into the deepest darkness of the place she is into.

Hayaku groggily opens her golden eyes as she blinks repeatedly in the process. Those familiar emerald and pink eyes were staring back at her.

"Huh..." she whispered as her mind is still clouded with unnecessary thoughts. Noelle could see that she is not really fully awake for now as she didn't even notice their presence.

"You are awake Haya!" Asta's loud voice resonates in the room they are in. His ear-piercing scream makes the silver haired female shut her eyes from the loudness of it.

"Bakasta! You are giving her a headache! Keep it down, will you?" Noelle scolded with a scoff.

"Sorry..." Asta apologizes as his lips turn into a frown. He even rubs the back of his neck from embarrassment. The ash blond male just couldn't contain his happiness that his childhood friend is already awake.

"Where am I?" Hayaku asked as she shifted her golden eyes towards them. Where she is now is not exactly the Black Bulls base.

The room is screaming royalty. There is a small chandelier on the ceiling along with the golden wood engravings on it. The bed she is lying on has a soft scarlet blanket and the softness of the bed is like when she is in the Spade Kingdom.

"You are in the Vermillion Estate...Are you feeling alright?" Noelle asked worriedly as her pink eyes stare at her figure. Hayaku nodded lightly as she pulls herself up in a sitting position.

"How many days I am out?" she asked softly as she places her right hand on the top of her head. She suddenly feels nauseous from the moment she wakes up.

"Two days.." Asta answered with a wary look on his face.

"Two days...not bad I guess.." Hayaku told them as her lips turn into a smile. Her golden eyes shifted to Asta and Noelle.

"Why I am here in the first place?" Hayaku wondered as she places both on her hands on the soft scarlet blanket that covered the lower part of her body. Not like she is complaining about it, who wouldn't want to sleep in a castle, especially in one of the most formidable royalties in the Clover Kingdom.

"It is Leopold's idea!" Asta informed with his loud voice. Hayaku even saw that Nero is resting on the top of his head and seems to be worried about her as well.